Comparison

31 Aug 2010 08:25 #1 by Nmysys
Comparison was created by Nmysys
The headline on Fox News says the VA spends up to $175 Million on empty rat infested buildings per year and on NBC News, it says Mayor defends Mosque and gets Laughs on the Daily Show.

Makes a lot of sense to me. No wonder I get attacked constantly when I post what I think is important for others to read. Different agendas and priorities it appears.

Okay, I have had my Wheaties this morning, so I am ready for the ridiculous attacks to begin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Aug 2010 09:30 #2 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Comparison
When I just went to NBC News the headlines were:

Hurricane Earl on path for Carolinas, Northeast

NYT: Five years later, an Iraqi mother finds her dead son

Bank to woman: Sorry, but you're dead

Mexico nabs alleged drug lord 'La Barbie'

Five U.S. troops killed by bomb in Afghanistan

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Nothing about the Mayor.

Try again.

31 Aug 2010 09:36 #3 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Comparison
Read further Wayne, the headlines change, don't they? Do I have to go back to NBCNEWS to point out exactly where it is now? Still won't address the Beast!

31 Aug 2010 09:39 #4 by Nmysys
Now it is on the page about halfway down Entitled Local News, New York and New York Times. Say thank you to the nice man.

31 Aug 2010 11:46 #5 by Nmysys
Wayne:

The topic showed two things, one was the waste of taxpayer funds by the VA with a bunch of toxic, rat infested buildings, and the other was the comparison ie: NBCNEWS referring to Mayor Bloomberg making jokes on the Daily Show. You didn't argue the two topics or defend one over the other, just tried to downplay the comparison. At the time I read the two, they were the opposing headlines. Still NBC News hasn't chosen to address the story about the VA. Any idea why?

31 Aug 2010 18:15 #6 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Comparison
They haven't addressed it because it started long before the Obama administration. Don't you remember the VA hospitals during Vietnam and the piss poor conditions they were in? You're out there looking all this stuff up. Why haven't you addressed it from when it was rampant then?

31 Aug 2010 18:19 #7 by Nmysys
Yes I remember, was in the VA hospital for a long time. I addresses tha fact that it was the headline this morning on one network and the mainstream media never did address it. Just like all the rest, picking at what I write rather than the issue itself. Nice try.

01 Sep 2010 08:33 #8 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Comparison
satchmo, did you protest, why not? Where were the libs protesting this, why didn't the hippies back then protest the conditions of these hospitals? Oh..they were out protesting the war and calling our military personal "baby killers." And where was jane fonda during this whole mess? Yep..you guessed it, sitting in NVA anti-aircraft gun. All for a photo op...

01 Sep 2010 08:47 #9 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Comparison

Nmysys wrote: Wayne:

The topic showed two things, one was the waste of taxpayer funds by the VA with a bunch of toxic, rat infested buildings, and the other was the comparison ie: NBCNEWS referring to Mayor Bloomberg making jokes on the Daily Show. You didn't argue the two topics or defend one over the other, just tried to downplay the comparison. At the time I read the two, they were the opposing headlines. Still NBC News hasn't chosen to address the story about the VA. Any idea why?

Probably for the same reason FOX doesn't cover exclusive stories NBC does. The FOX story is an exclusive -- an enterprise story.

You seem to thnk all the media should have the same stories.

Interesting to me this morning: the top headline in bold letters on NBC is "Tea party triumph: Sen. Murkowski concedes primary"

The top headline on FOX News is "'New Dawn' in Iraq Amid Fresh Criticism of Afghan Timetable" Further down is the headline "Murkowski Concedes To Tea Party Favorite"

I wonder why NBC is giving it bigger coverage than FOX?

01 Sep 2010 08:55 #10 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Comparison
wayne, then tell us! You have said that Fox is one sided..this blows your theory apart! Start dancing...

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds