Deleted By Poster

31 Aug 2010 10:25 - 31 Aug 2010 10:47 #1 by Nmysys
Deleted By Poster was created by Nmysys
Deleted by poster, Unable to verify that this is truly from Lee Iacocca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Aug 2010 10:46 #2 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Deleted By Poster
I'd be very surprised to see this confirmed.

While the former CEO of Chrysler is a hot-head - I doubt he'd speak quite this bluntly.

I'd give this 90 percent probability of being fake.

31 Aug 2010 10:49 #3 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Deleted By Poster
I try to validate the things that I post and after going through a few places other than Snopes.com, I found that I couldn't attribute this to Lee Iacocca so I deleted it.

31 Aug 2010 10:50 #4 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Deleted By Poster
Bravo!

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

31 Aug 2010 10:50 #5 by Photo-fish
Encore!

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

31 Aug 2010 10:57 #6 by Nmysys
Only when I am unable to verify or find that there is no validity.

You are becoming tiresome Photo, kind of like LJ. Do you have a crush on me too?

31 Aug 2010 11:20 #7 by Photo-fish
No. :lol:
But I do need to schedule a chord of wood still. Are you advertising anywhere on 285 Bound? I'll vouch that you give the best deal for the dollar.

31 Aug 2010 11:32 #8 by RHT08
Replied by RHT08 on topic Deleted By Poster

Nmysys wrote: Deleted by poster, Unable to verify that this is truly from Lee Iacocca

Even if you have proof it don't matter.Look at the famous Fred video. He blew a kidney yelling and dis-respecting that ladys rights and he's still considered a hero!! NOT!

31 Aug 2010 12:04 #9 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Deleted By Poster

Nmysys wrote: I try to validate the things that I post and after going through a few places other than Snopes.com, I found that I couldn't attribute this to Lee Iacocca so I deleted it.

Which, of course, was also shown to be FALSE by Snopes... Dang! They're right again....

Origins: The above-quoted editorial, offering a scathing condemnation of the Bush administration and condemning a lack of strong leadership in the U.S. government, hit our inbox mid-April 2007, attributed to 82-year-old businessman Lee Iacocca (best known for his tenure in the automotive business as the head of Ford and then Chrysler).

The attribution was correct, and the timing was no coincidence, as the text was an excerpt from the opening of Iacocca's just-released book, Where Have All the Leaders Gone?, written with Catherine Whitney and published by Scribner.

However, e-mailed versions of this excerpt have since been altered to remove Iacocca's criticisms of Republicans/conservatives and to insert denigrative passages about Democrats/liberals that were not written by Lee Iacocca and were not part of the original work. For example, variants that circulated a month before the 2008 presidential election included the following non-Iacocca passages referencing Democratic nominee Barack Obama.

These are times that cry out for leadership and we are getting ready to put the most Liberal Senator in the U. S. Senate in as our next President because we want to be fair and elect someone just because of his race. We don't have time to be fair, we need a strong leader.

It's another thing to lead when your world comes tumbling down. George Bush, Dick Chaney and who it this Bozo coming up next? One of the most Liberal Idiots in the U.S. Senate and he is talking about disarming America. I can't believe the American people are seeing what he is about to do to this country. May God have mercy on us all.

My, my... Who would DO such a thing?!?!?!?!

Yes, I can see why you didn't post it... The obvious corruption of the original by the conservatives would have been sooooo embarrassing...

More documented corruption at: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/iacocca.asp

31 Aug 2010 12:09 #10 by Nmysys
LJ:

Just wake up? Sorry you missed the fray, but I know how you stalk me all the time, just waiting to pounce on everything I post. Other sources than Snopes verified that it was edited and re-edited, but glad you can claim that Snopes got ONE right. Even though the posting was deleted there will still be all of you fanatics attacking.

Gee I feel like such a fool for getting caught doing the right thing by deleting a post when I discovered for myself that it wasn't going to get by all you flaming liberals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds