Will Maes finally drop out?

03 Sep 2010 14:28 #1 by The Viking
Buck and Coffman pull their support and backing of Maes.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15984531

Maes has been inundated in the last 24 hours with calls from the GOP establishment and Tea Party groups to drop out. The Evergreen businessman has suffered a number of self-inflicted political wounds in the past few weeks. Most recently, The Post reported that he embellished details about his law enforcement background, which set off a chain of endorsement withdrawals and demands that he step aside.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Sep 2010 15:07 #2 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Will Maes finally drop out?
I just sent a note to the state and county GOP chairs, that regardless of what Maes does today, that they throw the party's full weight and clout behind Tancredo. Yes they might have a GOP candidate that would come in third, but it would show the people of Colorado that the good of the people of Colorado overrides party politics.

I don’t care who it is, a party appointed insider is not going to win this election.

03 Sep 2010 15:14 #3 by BearMtnHIB
It's amazing to see how far the establishment republicans will go (with a little help from the Denverpost) in attacking an outsider republican. I can see now that here in Colorado - the established Republican party is well entrenched, and they pile on to attack anyone who threatens them.

From what I can tell - none of these issues are anything more than minor details that they have dug up on Maes - a $300 cash contribution that some establishment republican says she gave Maes - so what! The old lady that makes this claim won't even give the media all the details about it - it's smelling pretty fishy.

And now the Post says he didn't work undercover as a cop in Kansas as Maes has stataed - again - so what. If he was employed there - what difference does it matter if he was undercover or not? If he ever worked undercover - then he's been telling the truth.

Peter boyles is a personal friend of Tancredo - and he has been leading the propaganda machine against Maes. I dont know all that much about Maes - but I know a frame job when I see one.

The old school republicans in Colorado need a good flushing out, just like a toilet after to many uses. They all seem to support higher taxes and bigger government here. It's groups like the tea party that gave me some hope that it could happen, but in colorado it looks like a we are in for more of the same old school republicans.

I think it will be nearly impossible to uproot the establishment here - and god help anyone who tries. Looks like the minimum requirement is to be a millionaire, and have lots of "good ol boy" connections.

It's unbelievable what they are doing to Maes - who earned every step of the nomination. He was the choice of the people - not the establishment. With so much bad press about a few minor details - even the tea party has a problem supporting him now.

Everyone is buying into the attacks - hook line and sinker.

03 Sep 2010 16:19 #4 by The Viking
That has got to be the first time I have ever heard of Tancredo referred to as an 'Establishment Republican'.

04 Sep 2010 08:42 #5 by FredHayek
According to the Post on Saturday, it looks like Maes will try to ride this out, ballots are locked in.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Sep 2010 09:16 #6 by LadyJazzer
I hope so!

04 Sep 2010 10:33 #7 by Wayne Harrison
Maes should stay in the race, since he's the duly elected Republican nominee.

Wadhams is beside himself over this and almost appeared to be supporting third-party Tancredo over Maes yesterday.

McInnis should make it interesting and get back in as a fourth-party candidate. :rofl

04 Sep 2010 10:50 #8 by The Viking

Wayne Harrison wrote: Maes should stay in the race, since he's the duly elected Republican nominee.

Wadhams is beside himself over this and almost appeared to be supporting third-party Tancredo over Maes yesterday.

McInnis should make it interesting and get back in as a fourth-party candidate. :rofl

Even though it will be divided and Hickenlooper will probably win, I am encouraged by Colorado. A majority will be voting against the Democrat and for the Conservative Candidates. Buck will probably win. The Republicans may take back the State House. And Colorado may be a state where the Republicans pick up 2 or 3 more seats for Congress. Maybe Colorado is finally waking up. Kind of too bad that we may get a governor that the majority of Coloradans don't want just because the other votes are divided between 2 Conservatives which is what the majority of Colorado voters want and will vote for.

04 Sep 2010 12:25 #9 by Wayne Harrison

The Viking wrote: I am encouraged by Colorado. A majority will be voting against the Democrat and for the Conservative Candidates....we may get a governor that the majority of Coloradans don't want just because the other votes are divided between 2 Conservatives which is what the majority of Colorado voters want and will vote for.

Is it OK with you if we go ahead hold the election to actually find out what the MAJORITY of voters want?

I know it's a minor thing, but it's kind of the way the US works.

04 Sep 2010 13:57 #10 by mountaindollar
I worked with Dan and I will not be voting for him, it does not surprise me that things are coming out but again just my opinion.

This is the first canidate I have ever known personally and I am sure they all have their faults.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds