Will Maes finally drop out?

04 Sep 2010 15:05 #11 by Blazer Bob

mountaindollar wrote: I worked with Dan and I will not be voting for him, it does not surprise me that things are coming out but again just my opinion.

This is the first canidate I have ever known personally and I am sure they all have their faults.

I went to school with a now seated congressman. If you look up pathological liar in the dictionary, you will find his picture.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Sep 2010 16:28 #12 by mountaindollar
How funny I know what you mean.

Dan would be a good used car salesman but the fact that his running mate is female surprises me this would not of happened in the work environment I knew him.

Oh well, like I said I worked with him and may of saw a different side but I know it is not a side for me.

13 Sep 2010 16:01 #13 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Will Maes finally drop out?

BearMtnHIB wrote:

It's unbelievable what they are doing to Maes - who earned every step of the nomination. He was the choice of the people - not the establishment. With so much bad press about a few minor details - even the tea party has a problem supporting him now.

Everyone is buying into the attacks - hook line and sinker.

The party didn’t undermine Dan, It’s what Maes did himself, embellishing everything in his resume. Yes he did earn every step of the way, I was an early supporter, I was one of those who made the trip to the state assembly just to make sure I cast a vote for Dan. I thought as did many others he was the real deal. No more, I am not going with the philosophy that “yes, he’s a liar but he’s our liar”.
All Dan is doing now is trying to take votes away from Tancredo.

My guess is Maes will be out of Colorado working some other scheme by February 2011.

13 Sep 2010 16:28 #14 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Will Maes finally drop out?
Maes will never drop out. This his chance and I really can't blame him. Politics is now about personal gain and his interests are to stay in the race regardless of the outcome, same for Tom.You idealists are going to be very disappointed. Just self serving BS from all.

13 Sep 2010 18:08 #15 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Will Maes finally drop out?
JMC: I agree with the self serving issue, but IMHO the much better of all the evils is definitely Tom Tancredo. Just my opinion, but like Grady, I too met Dam Maes at the State Assembly, and I talked with him at length, coming away with the impression that he was the most arrogant human being I had ever met. I have met a lot of arrogant people in my lifetime, some who IMHO actually deserved some of the arrogance, but never have I encountered his extreme of arrogance.

As you said, we the Idealists, which definitely includes me, may or may not have our ideals burst some day. I, for one, will not give up on the American Spirit and the American Way, definitely, not without a fight against destroying what I believe our country has so proudly stood for now for over 234 years.

13 Sep 2010 18:23 #16 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Will Maes finally drop out?
Nmy, I hate being as cynical as I am , I am enormously lucky that my grandparents came to this country (even in desperation) and provided me with the opportunity to make my own way in freedom. Just so sick of the petty bickering( see Park County threads) that will get us nowhere. makes just want to take care of me and my own and screw everybody else. That is not me but I have no answers anymore, I used to think I did, naive? (sp?)

13 Sep 2010 20:40 #17 by FredHayek
One opinion says Maes wll step aside gracefully so that he doesn't totally burn his bridges with the State GOP. Continuing the lost campaign will only serve his ego. Too bad I believe the man is playing a game of chicken and won't give up, only conceding after the votes are counted in November.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Sep 2010 06:19 #18 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Will Maes finally drop out?

BearMtnHIB wrote: It's amazing to see how far the establishment republicans will go

Exactly, they even took Tancredo to court to force him off the ballot. Hopefully the judge will rule today that Tancredo stays on the ballot.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds