YOU GUYS STILL GOT YOUR UNPATRIOT ACT RIGHT?

10 Sep 2010 11:32 #11 by youngfogey
Tom Daschle, Senate Majority Leader in 2001, sponsored the Patriot Act in the Senate. Remember that the Republicans had control of the Senate for a short time because they won 50 seats and the Repub vice president becoming President of the Senate, gave them the majority. But, soon after everyone was sworn in, Daschle and the Dems bought off Jim Jeffords and convinced him to jump from the Repub party and become an independent to caucus with the Dems. That gave the Dems the majority in the Senate and they were in charge and blocking Bush nominees to cabinet positions when we were attacked on 9-11 and also when the Patriot Act was brought to the Senate floor. Tom Daschle was the original sponsor of our Patriot Act in the Senate. Without him, it would not have been brought to the overwhelming passing vote that followed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Sep 2010 12:28 #12 by Nobody that matters

Vice Lord wrote: Sorry, the Patriot Act is your baby....

And it always will be

Plugging your ears and going LALALALALALALALALALALA isn't gonna change the recent events.

Patriot Act is bi-partisan.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

10 Sep 2010 12:37 #13 by netdude
I really don't give a rats ass WHO voted for it.... 'I' sure the hell never supported it and never will.....

10 Sep 2010 14:10 #14 by FredHayek
VL,
Turning the gun control topic you posted earlier, where exactly has the Patriot Act limited your freedoms? Just curious. Based on current illegal alien freedoms, I think the Patriot Act has been mostly symbolic.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Sep 2010 15:18 #15 by The Viking

And it always will be

You still have to explain who the 'your' is in 'your baby'. Democrats?

10 Sep 2010 15:21 #16 by The Viking

dmcdd wrote:

And it always will be

Plugging your ears and going LALALALALALALALALALALA isn't gonna change the recent events.

VL is good at that. Throwing out random crap that 99% of America knows isn't true and then refusing to comment further on it. This did have and still does have more Democratic support than Republicans. Now he won't comment again unless it is a ignorant personal attack.

10 Sep 2010 15:21 #17 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic YOU GUYS STILL GOT YOUR UNPATRIOT ACT RIGHT?

SS109 wrote: VL,
Turning the gun control topic you posted earlier, where exactly has the Patriot Act limited your freedoms? Just curious. Based on current illegal alien freedoms, I think the Patriot Act has been mostly symbolic.

Oh just because they haven't knocked down my door without a warrant, took me off, locked me in a cage and tortured me just on suspicion- I should allow them to have that kind of power?

10 Sep 2010 15:25 #18 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic YOU GUYS STILL GOT YOUR UNPATRIOT ACT RIGHT?

The Viking wrote:

dmcdd wrote:

And it always will be

VL is good at that. Throwing out random crap that 99% of America knows isn't true and then refusing to comment further on it. This did have and still does have more Democratic support than Republicans. Now he won't comment again unless it is a ignorant personal attack.

It's your baby, I don't know how else to say it. If saying it ends the debate then so be it. This, the occupations in the mid east, and so much more is all part of the Republican Project For A New America.

You own it

10 Sep 2010 15:48 #19 by FredHayek
Oh, I get it. If Dems vote for legislation VL doesn't like, they were hoodwinked or the pols are DINO's. "W" hypnotized all the Dems into voting for the new world order.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds