Obama says voters may blame him for economy

10 Sep 2010 14:15 #1 by BearMtnHIB

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama insisted Friday that the U.S. economy is digging itself out of the deepest recession in decades but conceded that "progress has been painfully slow" and many voters in November's elections may blame him.

Facing a rising jobless rate, Obama told a White House news conference: "For all the progress we've made, we're not there yet. And that means the people are frustrated and that means people are angry."

"And since I'm the president and Democrats have controlled the House and the Senate, it's understandable that people are saying, you know, 'What have you done?'"

The president, who also is the leader of the Democratic Party, spent much of his appearance before cameras on the defensive, underscoring his frustration with being unable to convince the public that his economic fixes are working.

Source http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5juui7didNwh_vzBmJyrbjxkeF-IgD9I56GVO1

Ya think?
Yea - Obama - I say they WILL blame you. This recession should have been over more than a year ago when it was over for India, China, Pacific rim, South American and most European countries.

This is the first indication from this arrogant idiot that Americans are pissed and will start to hold those accountable for their actions.

Government involvement has prolonged this horrible economy and will continue to prolong it until policy changes in favor of the taxpayers and business owners. I know so many who are just sitting on their capitol until the environment changes.

I say the capitol strike ends in November 2012.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Sep 2010 15:05 #2 by FredHayek
It does look like Obama zigged when he should have zagged when he tried to fix things. Or maybe Barack was more concerned with handing out political favors and pork than actually fixing the economy.

I have heard some on the Right claim it just makes sense for the Dems to keep people down so that they continue to vote for whoever promises them the most. FDR so screwed up things that people gave him 4 terms to try and fix it.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Sep 2010 17:48 #3 by HEARTLESS
I think he and the rest of the adminisration are responsible for the slow to nonexistent recovery. Where is the denial (not the river in Egypt) from the left for these statements?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Sep 2010 17:58 #4 by Wayne Harrison
Without knowing what would have happened to the economy if federal money wasn't used, it's hard to say he should have zigged when he should have zagged. As Bush warned, we could have gone into another great depression. I don't think anything ANY president could have done would hae magically pulled us out of this.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds