Tea party win embarrasses GOP establishment

27 May 2010 15:13 #1 by Wayne Harrison
WASHINGTON – Chalk up another win for the tea party. And another embarrassment for the Republican establishment.

Tea party favorite and two-term state lawmaker Raul Labrador defeated Vaughn Ward, a Marine reservist heavily recruited by national Republicans, in Idaho's primary on Tuesday. Ward's loss comes on the heels of several other races in which GOP establishment candidates stumbled as the anti-Washington mood takes hold.

National Republicans had coached Ward and had made him one of their first named recruits, known as "Young Guns." He also had the backing of former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

On Wednesday, the GOP wasn't talking about Ward.

"We look forward to continuing to work with Raul Labrador and are focused on the election in November," said Paul Lindsay, a spokesman for the National Republican Congressional Committee.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100526/ap_ ... b59hZ0fNdF

(Even a Palin endorsement didn't help)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2010 15:32 #2 by Photo-fish
Palin's endorsement record is dismal. I hope she keeps it up.

BTW Wayne, I like your tag line.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

27 May 2010 15:38 #3 by Grady
I just wish Sarah Palin would endorse Jane Norton.

27 May 2010 15:45 #4 by JMC

Grady wrote: I just wish Sarah Palin would endorse Jane Norton.

Palin chickened out, Norton doesn't strike me like a typical tea party type

27 May 2010 16:23 #5 by PrintSmith
And I applaud the people who are sending a very clear and concise message to the entrenched "leaders" of the Republican party at the local and the national level. The quicker they understand that the people who have registered as a member of the party are more interested in what the candidate has to say than who is endorsing them, the quicker the GOP will be restored to its conservative ideals and constitutional values. Tossing the Democrats out of power in Congress won't be enough if the folks that replace them continue to spend like drunken Democrats once they hold the reigns. We need a Congress willing to stand on the principles they espoused when asking for our vote - even if it entails another budget showdown with the Oval Office.

27 May 2010 16:28 #6 by JMC

PrintSmith wrote: And I applaud the people who are sending a very clear and concise message to the entrenched "leaders" of the Republican party at the local and the national level. The quicker they understand that the people who have registered as a member of the party are more interested in what the candidate has to say than who is endorsing them, the quicker the GOP will be restored to its conservative ideals and constitutional values. Tossing the Democrats out of power in Congress won't be enough if the folks that replace them continue to spend like drunken Democrats once they hold the reigns. We need a Congress willing to stand on the principles they espoused when asking for our vote - even if it entails another budget showdown with the Oval Office.

Could not agree more! Real choice for a change.
My philosophy has always been 40% are whack left, 40% wingnut right. Only 20% matter. Thats where I want to be . Policies need to swing with the circumstances , practical politics works best for me. Ideologues ( left or right) screw everything up

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds