More Republican Women Running for Congress

15 Sep 2010 12:07 #1 by The Viking
This is another fact that is being overlooked. Women have most of the time voted int he majority for Democrats. The tide seems to be turning. Obama and an all Democratic congress for the last 4 years has been the best thing for the Republican Party ever and helped create the Tea Party. America finally sees what has happened in the last four years since the Domocrats took total control of congress and all the bills and spending. I cannot thank obama, reid and pelosi enough!!!

For the first time in history, if the cards fall right, the Republicans may have more women Senators than the Democrats.

http://politics.usnews.com/opinion/blog ... ssues.html

According to Liz Halloran at NPR (a former U.S. Newser), an unprecedented number of Republican women are either running in House and Senate primaries this summer or have already won them. “So many are campaigning that many conservative women are anticipating strong gains in their congressional numbers come November,” Halloran reports. This is great news--no matter what your political views--as more and more women are feeling empowered enough to enter politics and run for office. It’s always good for our democracy when more Americans want to participate in politics.

In the Senate races, 14 Republican women are running, up from just three in 2008, according to the Center for American Women and Politics. In the House, 94 are in the running, compared with 46 at about the same point in the political cycle two years ago. Most interesting, there are 106 women who are challenging incumbents for House seats, and over half--60 of them--are Republicans. According to Debbie Walsh, the director of the Center, this is a sign that GOP women are more likely to throw their hat in the ring than ever before

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Sep 2010 12:17 #2 by Scruffy
More women are running for office?

This is not a negative!

This is a good thing!

15 Sep 2010 13:14 #3 by The Viking
I know it is. That is why I posted it.

15 Sep 2010 13:15 #4 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote: I know it is. That is why I posted it.

YOU DIDN'T MAKE YOUR FONT BIGGER!

I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOUR POST!

15 Sep 2010 13:58 #5 by Something the Dog Said
To put it in perspective, there are currently 13 Democratic women in the Senate, compared to 4 Republican (1 of which was defeated in primary), and 62 Democratic women in the House compared to 20 Republican.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

15 Sep 2010 14:17 #6 by The Viking

Something the Dog Said wrote: To put it in perspective, there are currently 13 Democratic women in the Senate, compared to 4 Republican (1 of which was defeated in primary), and 62 Democratic women in the House compared to 20 Republican.

I know. But the tide is turning thanks to Obama, and Pelosi. 4 of those 13 Dems are in tough races and 2 will lose for sure. And the Republicans may go from 4 to 7 or if they would all pull it off, about 13 or 14. They could actually have more than the Dems for the first time ever. Not counting on it but the Republican women are gaining a lot of momentum thanks to the Tea party.

And Republican women will close that gap of 42 in the house by a large margin. So instead of 3 to 1 it may be less than 2 to 1. Women are finally getting tired of the Democratic big government, free spending party too.

15 Sep 2010 16:06 #7 by Something the Dog Said
Awfully large brush that you paint with.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

16 Sep 2010 07:56 #8 by Wayne Harrison
"The tide is turning!" "The tide is turning!"

Personally, I'd be embarrassed to admit my party is finally catching up to another party "for the first time in history."

If it actually happens, I'll ask "What took you guys so long?"

16 Sep 2010 09:48 #9 by FredHayek
Mama Grizzlies right?
And the mean GOP, trying to make Betsy Markey lose her job!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds