The New Congress Will Consider Impeachment

18 Sep 2010 13:43 #21 by Spykster

navycpo7 wrote: For Congress to Impeach the President, there has to be some serious crimes comitted. The thought that they do not like him, or they think he is doing a lousy job doesn't fly. If it did, then Bush would have been impeached also. Clinton was impeached by the House, but aqquited by the Senate thus he could not be removed from office.

A President can be impeached but not removed from office as it takes 2/3 vote of the Senate to do this. As this will not happen, we deal with it.

Save the money, Starr spent well over 65 million dollars to attempt to have enough evidence to remove Clinton. Didn't happen, waste of money.

There has to be reasonable cause to believe a crime has been committed. You can't say "there has to be some serious crimes committed", without the investigations the impeachment proceedings would bring --- there has to be the allegations first. The Military...is opposite. Even thought he's the " C.I.C. ", he's still a civilian...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2010 14:13 #22 by navycpo7

Spykster wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: For Congress to Impeach the President, there has to be some serious crimes comitted. The thought that they do not like him, or they think he is doing a lousy job doesn't fly. If it did, then Bush would have been impeached also. Clinton was impeached by the House, but aqquited by the Senate thus he could not be removed from office.

A President can be impeached but not removed from office as it takes 2/3 vote of the Senate to do this. As this will not happen, we deal with it.

Save the money, Starr spent well over 65 million dollars to attempt to have enough evidence to remove Clinton. Didn't happen, waste of money.

There has to be reasonable cause to believe a crime has been committed. You can't say "there has to be some serious crimes committed", without the investigations the impeachment proceedings would bring --- there has to be the allegations first. The Military...is opposite. Even thought he's the " C.I.C. ", he's still a civilian...

I agree with you, I just stated it that way so folks would understand the point I was trying to make.

18 Sep 2010 14:16 #23 by Spykster

navycpo7 wrote:

Spykster wrote:

I agree with you, I just stated it that way so folks would understand the point I was trying to make.

:thumbsup:

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds