YAY!!!... The Recession is Finally Over!

20 Sep 2010 17:18 #21 by AV8OR

archer wrote:

AV8OR wrote: Archer,

There are some of us that do have a college background which covered Economics in our curriculum. We may be referred to as hicks up here, but we are educated hicks. When you generalize and accuse anyone that goes against YOUR line of thinking, it only makes you appear less knowledgeable.

I suppose while the country was in a deep Depression in the 30's, according to your statement, we weren't really in a Depression as we were "technically" in a "recovery." I wonder how those folks felt knowing that they were not really in a Depression.

"Martha, pack the car, we are going to town to celebrate. We are only in a recovery. Wait a minute, I don't have a job! Come to think of it, I don't have a house or a car!"

Oh come on....I didn't accuse everyone who thinks different than I do of anything...when the depression was officially over things in this nation were not back to normal....it was a long slow process to get there. Obviously you have your own definition of "the end of the recession" and it is different than the official one used by experts. Once again.....you're right, the experts are wrong......how much time do you have to spend polishing that pedestal you put yourself on?

But, that is kinda what you did earlier (accusing). You did it again by playing the "you're right, the experts are wrong..." card. We'll even throw some whipped cream on top with the attack of, "how much time do you have to spend polishing that pedestal you put yourself on?".

Please, lecture us as to what the end of a Recession is. Indulge us country folk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Sep 2010 17:45 #22 by archer
sorry...lectures are what the conservatives do.

20 Sep 2010 17:52 #23 by AV8OR
I guess "That's All Folks!"

20 Sep 2010 18:01 #24 by Nmysys
AV8OR:

Whoever Archer is, give the person credit for saying sorry. I am sincere in that. I was so shocked at that word from a Liberal, that I actually sat here at my computer trying to figure the word out, like I had never heard it before. We must be making some kind of progress, oh oh, used that word, to have achieved that pinnacle.

21 Sep 2010 21:56 #25 by Wayne Harrison
It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
-- Harry S. Truman

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds