~~~I Would Like to Encourage Everyone~~~

05 Oct 2010 18:23 #41 by LOL

Becky wrote: If you don't feel you have a good choice.....don't vote for anyone

Its sad, but I may do just that. I have not seen anyone running for national or state office that gives me any interest at all.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2010 09:38 #42 by Ronbo

Joe wrote:

Becky wrote: If you don't feel you have a good choice.....don't vote for anyone

Its sad, but I may do just that. I have not seen anyone running for national or state office that gives me any interest at all.

Even if you are not totally happy with any of the candidates why would you not select the one you feel would be the closest to your beliefs even if that is not your ideal candidate? By not voting you are letting everyone else select the winner and that person may be the furthest from your beliefs.

06 Oct 2010 09:43 #43 by LadyJazzer
Because it improves the chances of the folks who are going to start a recall election (when their candidate doesn't win) a lower threshold to meet.

06 Oct 2010 09:46 #44 by Ronbo

LadyJazzer wrote: Because it improves the chances of the folks who are going to start a recall election (when their candidate doesn't win) a lower threshold to meet.

:yeahthat:

It also improves the chances for a write-in canidate to win.

06 Oct 2010 09:47 #45 by jf1acai
Not voting on a specific issue or issues is the only way we have to express "None of the above".

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

06 Oct 2010 09:52 #46 by LadyJazzer

Ronbo wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Because it improves the chances of the folks who are going to start a recall election (when their candidate doesn't win) a lower threshold to meet.

:yeahthat:

It also improves the chances for a write-in canidate to win.

Yeah, with approximately 738 previously voting for the "not-Fred" candidate in the primary, and the other approximately 1529 voting FOR Fred in the primary, and now ALL of the voters from ALL parties able to cast a vote now, let me know how that write-in thing works for ya...

:Whistle

06 Oct 2010 09:55 #47 by Ronbo

jf1acai wrote: Not voting on a specific issue or issues is the only way we have to express "None of the above".

No, they don't count the number of ballots that didn't vote for a particular race. That is not to say they don't count those ballots on the races for which they did make a selection but they will not track the number of ballots that didn't vote for someone. You are simply letting other voters make that selection for you.

06 Oct 2010 10:11 #48 by 2wlady
Write in "Satchmo" for Sheriff. I know lots of law enforcement from lots of jurisdictions. That should qualify me.

06 Oct 2010 10:37 #49 by Martin Ent Inc
Yep they are at your house every weekend I hear. LOL

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds