A Travesty of Justice- Civil Rights????

24 Sep 2010 09:33 #1 by Nmysys
Voting Rights Official Calls Black Panther Dismissal a 'Travesty of Justice'

Published September 24, 2010

| FoxNews.com

The Justice Department is ignoring civil rights cases that involve white victims and wrongly abandoned a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party last year, a top department official testified Friday. He called the department's conduct a "travesty of justice."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/24/voting-rights-official-calls-black-panther-dismissal-travesty-justice/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Sep 2010 15:41 #2 by Nmysys
I see nobody wants to touch this issue!!!

Reverse racism in the Obama administration, wow! Whodathunkit?

24 Sep 2010 15:48 #3 by outdoor338
Nmysys, nothing surprises me from the obama Whitehouse! They have so much evidence to convict these guys, and holder let them off...he is a joke as well..time to clean house in November :thumbsup:

24 Sep 2010 15:50 #4 by jf1acai
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t...&hilit=black+panther " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1967&hilit=black+panther<!-- l -->

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

24 Sep 2010 15:58 #5 by Something the Dog Said
What is a joke that you fail to have similar outrages against the Bush administration who repeatedly refused to press charges on exactly the same sort of incidents in Mississippi and Arizona. It is only racism when the administration of a black president follows precedent?

http://www.usccr.gov/NBPH/05-14-2010_NBPPhearing.pdf

Commissioner Yaki:

When you look at what happened during the Bush administration, when you look at the fact that they declined people wearing guns and intimidating Latino voters, that they declined people interviewing elderly black voters in their homes in Mississippi, interviewing elderly Latino voters in New Mexico, going into Philadelphia in sort of Men in Black-type outfits and this Commission has turned a blind eye to that for years, turned a blind eye to Katrina, turned a blind eye to so many other issues but, somehow in this particular instance, we're going to find fault with the Justice Department is the height, height of hypocrisy.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

24 Sep 2010 16:09 #6 by Something the Dog Said
What I found interesting is that Fox News failed to report that not a single voter complained, even though the DOJ desperately sought to find someone. Not a single voter, white or otherwise, complained that they felt intimidated.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

24 Sep 2010 16:16 #7 by outdoor338
Something, its wrong both ways, and my concern is..why not deal with this issue and the black panthers today, and every incident starting today, doesn't matter who it is. Can we agree on that?

So, if you were going to vote, and you saw these black guys with clubs in their hands, you wouldn't be bothered by that? How about if it was three white men, dressed in white robes and clubs in their hands in a black neighborhood where blacks were voting, do you think people would be intimidated? The guy shooting the video was and the democratic lawyer who witnessed it were. I saw that interview of Fox, with Megan Kelly.

24 Sep 2010 18:02 #8 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic A Travesty of Justice- Civil Rights????

Something the Dog Said wrote: What is a joke that you fail to have similar outrages against the Bush administration who repeatedly refused to press charges on exactly the same sort of incidents in Mississippi and Arizona. It is only racism when the administration of a black president follows precedent?

http://www.usccr.gov/NBPH/05-14-2010_NBPPhearing.pdf

Commissioner Yaki:

When you look at what happened during the Bush administration, when you look at the fact that they declined people wearing guns and intimidating Latino voters, that they declined people interviewing elderly black voters in their homes in Mississippi, interviewing elderly Latino voters in New Mexico, going into Philadelphia in sort of Men in Black-type outfits and this Commission has turned a blind eye to that for years, turned a blind eye to Katrina, turned a blind eye to so many other issues but, somehow in this particular instance, we're going to find fault with the Justice Department is the height, height of hypocrisy.

The only way Bush won in 2000 is because his brother and Kathryn Harris purged 80,000 african Americans from the Voter roles because they had names similar to felons..

24 Sep 2010 18:34 #9 by Nmysys
Go ahead and rant about the pregnant chads too VL. Might as well!!

We can go back in history and find lots of things to take our minds off of any subject including this one. Now that we have gotten past the issue of the First Black President, why can't we address racism in other forms?

25 Sep 2010 00:48 #10 by Wayne Harrison

outdoor338 wrote: So, if you were going to vote, and you saw these black guys with clubs in their hands, you wouldn't be bothered by that?

I've watched the video several times. I see voters going into the door behind them and none of them look intimidated. It was a stupid thing to do. What would they use the clubs for? They never asked anyone how they voted. Would they beat people before or after they voted?

I was surprised how big of a deal Fox made it -- two guys looking tough but doing nothing in one precinct in the country and Fox made it a national story. Had they confronted the videographer or people going in to vote, it would have been a story. But they didn't do anything but stand there, leaving plenty of room for people to get to the door without even approaching them. Meanwhile, I'm sure there was voter fraud going on somewhere that was ignored.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds