Ahmadinejad Rant Deals Major Blow to 'Obama Doctrine'

24 Sep 2010 16:54 #1 by outdoor338
The bizarre U.N. rant alleging a 9/11 conspiracy by Iranian strongman Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, delivered from the same podium where President Obama had just hours before extended yet another of olive branch of diplomacy toward the rogue Persian regime, marks the most devastating setback yet in the administration's campaign of global engagement, foreign-policy experts say.

A host of nations joined America in walking out on Ahmadinejad's tirade -- including the 27 European Union states, Australia, Costa Rica, and New Zealand.

But the overwhelming majority of the diplomats representing the worlds 192 nations not only kept their seats, but applauded vigorously when Ahmadinejad finally stopped talking.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Ahmadin ... ode=AD7E-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Sep 2010 19:17 #2 by ScienceChic
After looking through 5 pages of a Google search on this speech, 18 of the stories did not mention how the other delegates responded at all, and only one had this to say:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... k_out.html

By the time the tireless tyrant wrapped up his rant, the room was about half full and the remaining diplomats appeared to be applauding more out of politeness than conviction.

Here's a video of his speech so you can decide for yourself how vigorously you think the delegates are responding to his speech.
[youtube:2jkgqtil]
[/youtube:2jkgqtil]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Sep 2010 00:41 #3 by Wayne Harrison
Don't confuse Outdoor with facts. He's already made up his mind.

25 Sep 2010 05:47 #4 by outdoor338
Nothing confusing about it comrade wayne, I thought that I saw part of the clip from yesterday from the UN, with you standing in the front row cheering for Mahmoud Ahmadinejad while waving pom pom's. :Cheer

25 Sep 2010 07:32 #5 by Wayne Harrison
I think he's a dangerous nutcase. I hope the Israelis deal with him.

I think Kim Jong-Il is even more dangerous, but we gave him a pass when we ignored him went after Hussein. Right after that, Kim Jong-Il tested a nuclear weapon and we couldn't (can't) do anything about it because we've got all our troops committed, including national guard troops.

I think ideologues like you, who purposely distort the truth, are just as dangerous as the people you rail against.

Ahmadinejad does have at least one thing in common with the fringe right: they both think 9/11 was some sort of conspiracy by our government.

25 Sep 2010 07:51 #6 by Nmysys
What makes you think the fringe right thinks that Wayne? Is that in the DNC talking points this week?

It looks like you have organized all the :Koolaid: drinkers to respond back this week, since you can't defend your own statements and posts. Gone on the offensive, since the Liberals can't respond with anything but attacks, right?

It all goes back to blaming Bush, while the Tea Party makes headway against all the long term politicians of both sides. Great new plan, let Obama blame the right for holding him back after the Republicans and Tea Party Candidates win back enough seats to hold down his agenda, with hope that in '12 the Dems might have a chance to fight back.

25 Sep 2010 10:40 #7 by Wayne Harrison
Top 10 Right-Wing Conspiracy Theories

http://www.alternet.org/news/147851/top ... age=entire

#6 on the list.

I've never seen the 9/11 government conspiracy theory put forth by the left. But, as you've learned from past posts, just saying you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

25 Sep 2010 17:17 #8 by outdoor338
your liberal pal rosie O'Donnel..thinks just like you wayne, can't be trusted nor can you..you libs want to give america away, and we will not let it happen!

25 Sep 2010 17:20 #9 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Ahmadinejad Rant Deals Major Blow to 'Obama Doctrine'

Wayne Harrison wrote: I think he's a dangerous nutcase. I hope the Israelis deal with him.

I think Kim Jong-Il is even more dangerous, but we gave him a pass .

because he's not threatening Israel, maybe? Because niether are a real threat uo us

http://www.sprword.com/videos/aipac/

25 Sep 2010 18:35 #10 by bailey bud
You only need to listen to the first 2 minutes of the President's speech to know he's a nut.

(he prays for the Mehedi --- the Shiite Messiah --- to come, soon).

Although Iran has elections - this guy was not democratically elected. The Iran election was a huge fraud and joke ---- and most of Iran knows that.

I seriously wonder what Iran's brutal regime thinks it's doing.

Even Russia pulled back on a seriously profitable arms deal with Iran, last week ---- so I don't think many people are buying his ideas.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds