Ahmadinejad Rant Deals Major Blow to 'Obama Doctrine'

27 Sep 2010 09:33 #11 by ScienceChic

Nmysys wrote: What makes you think the fringe right thinks that Wayne? Is that in the DNC talking points this week?

It looks like you have organized all the :Koolaid: drinkers to respond back this week, since you can't defend your own statements and posts. Gone on the offensive, since the Liberals can't respond with anything but attacks, right?

It all goes back to blaming Bush, while the Tea Party makes headway against all the long term politicians of both sides. Great new plan, let Obama blame the right for holding him back after the Republicans and Tea Party Candidates win back enough seats to hold down his agenda, with hope that in '12 the Dems might have a chance to fight back.

Let's see, as I'm the only other "liberal" to respond in this thread, I take umbrage at this statement Nmysys. I post of my own volition, not at anyone else's request or command, and I don't drink Kool-Aid - I am a far more skeptical and questioning thinker than that (besides, Kool-Aid is nasty). And my response was anything but an attack. I read Outdoor's post, I went to his link and read that. Then I wondered how many other news, and semi-news, outlets reported the same thing so I did a Google search. I reported what I found without making any judgmental statements like, "Well, only Outdoor's source reports enthusiastic and vigorous applause so he's posting [believing?] something that's in the minority and is obviously giving in to his biases yet again". I considered that either: the other 18 sources' journalists are incompetent (likely), didn't interpret the applause the same way and thus saw it as a non-story (very likely), or are trying to cover something up (less likely - vigorous applause would set up a dramatic story for lead-up to WWIII!). Finally, I found and posted Ahmadinejad's speech itself and said DECIDE FOR YOURSELF! I, again, didn't post my opinion that the applause is anything but vigorous; and therefore, I disagree with Outdoor's source, I only posted the video. If you think what I posted before was an attack, you might be surprised someday down the road! :biggrin:

And looking through the posts, neither Wayne nor I said anything about Bush, Obama, or the Tea Party so why do YOU bring them up?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Sep 2010 13:41 #12 by FredHayek

Vice Lord wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: I think he's a dangerous nutcase. I hope the Israelis deal with him.

I think Kim Jong-Il is even more dangerous, but we gave him a pass .

because he's not threatening Israel, maybe? Because niether are a real threat uo us

http://www.sprword.com/videos/aipac/

You are optomistic. Kim Jong Il could deliver a nuke in a tramp steamer to blow up in Los Angeles harbor right now. And Iran could do it in a decade.

Very little we could do about it unless we put boots on the ground in both countries which will not happen.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Sep 2010 17:08 #13 by Nmysys
Sciencechic:

Sorry, but you are not the only Liberal on this thread, see Wayne and VL. I was responding to Wayne's comment. I think I know what to expect from you, though we differ on our Political views, you at least don't post as a political hack like Wayne does. He does it to piss us off, you do it to make your points and are usually, not always, effective, and much better looking than he is. :lol:

27 Sep 2010 17:15 #14 by Nmysys
I brought up the Tea Party because we are becoming a major factor to be considered. It is apparent that a good part of the Democratic Party is distancing itself from Obama in an attempt to regain their seats in this election, even turning to Bill Clinton to support them, instead of Obama. If the Tea Party movement continues this momentum, the Republican Party could even end up as the third party by 2012. We are more interested in the person running rather than holding the line by party ie: here in Colorado, most of us are backing Tancredo rather than Maes, not all of us, but most.

27 Sep 2010 18:25 #15 by ScienceChic

Nmysys wrote: Sciencechic:

Sorry, but you are not the only Liberal on this thread, see Wayne and VL. I was responding to Wayne's comment. I think I know what to expect from you, though we differ on our Political views, you at least don't post as a political hack like Wayne does. He does it to piss us off, you do it to make your points and are usually, not always, effective, and much better looking than he is. :lol:

At the time of your post that I quoted and responded to, I was the only one who had posted besides Wayne and your comment was that Wayne was getting the rest of us to post for him/in support of him. Wayne merely has less patience and uses less tact when responding to you than I do, likely because he figures it would do no good to try to reason with you, and likely because you respond snarkily to him, IMHO.

Thanks for the compliment, though I'm not sure if I should take wholly it as one, or wonder if just cuz I'm prettier you take me less seriously? lol I'm heartened to read that some of my points are somewhat effective - I'll keep trying harder! :thumbsup:

All politicians play the popular game - when Bush's approval ratings were low, Republicans distanced themselves from him too. It's not to say that they don't support their policies, it's just to try to fool the voter for a short enough time in order to get re-elected. And it usually works, sadly. I wouldn't be surprised if the Republican party ended up as the third party, but I won't count any chickens before they hatch!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds