Regarding GOP pledges and promises

26 Sep 2010 11:32 #11 by Wayne Harrison

outdoor338 wrote: This is waynes new source?...OMG!

I watch The Daily Show for entertainment, just as I do Glenn Beck.

You have to admit it's a funny piece. rofllol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Sep 2010 14:17 #12 by JMC
GOP pledge is cheesy bullsh#t. theatrics at their worst. Meaningless crap to score a few points with the mentally challenged.

26 Sep 2010 14:39 #13 by Wayne Harrison
The GOP breaks its 'Pledge to America'
(Long on sentimentality, Short on specifics)

It took the Republicans just three minutes to violate their Pledge to America.

In a lumber yard near Dulles International Airport Thursday morning, House Republicans handed out copies of their pledge, which, among other things, promises to rein in an "arrogant and out-of-touch government of self-appointed elites."

Yet moments after taking the stage to face the cameras, Republican leaders appointed themselves arrogant elites. They compared themselves to the founding fathers and likened their actions at Tart Lumber Co. to the signing of the Declaration of Independence in Philadelphia.

Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) told the reporters he would speak slowly and with clarity, "just as John Hancock boldly signed his name to the Declaration of Independence so even Britain's King George could read it."

"What percentage of the problem in terms of our deficit is being taken care of by this plan?" Slate's John Dickerson inquired.

Boehner only repeated that Republicans would be "saving $100 billion a year" by returning spending to 2008 levels.

For the record, with a budget deficit of $1.3 trillion this year, the GOP pledge to cut $100 billion would take care of not quite 8 percent of the problem.

Getting rid of earmarks? Not in the pledge. Dealing with the millions of illegal immigrants? Not in the pledge. Reforming Social Security and Medicare? Not in the pledge. And on social issues such as marriage and abortion, "we are not going to be any different than what we've been," Boehner asserted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 0092404283

26 Sep 2010 15:22 #14 by Nmysys
Do you see any of us touting the pledge of the Republicans? NO

Do we refer to Comedians for our topics? NO

Your arguments are as baseless as usual, but we have come to not only expect it Wayne, but actually look forward to you making an even bigger fool of yourself with each one of them.

We all know that Political Humor has been around for many decades.

But we don't point to it for references or validity. I see your army is growing in size, Wow. Not impressed!! Again all we see is attacks. Remember that those of us who argue against what you post, are mostly Tea Partiers, the enemy!! We are the people who are not pleased with most of both parties.

Oh yeah, you are referring to Park County where you say it is a Republican County. Rhino Republicans in Park County spend everything the taxpayers pay in, and fund the Sheriff's office way beyond his budget each year. Maybe you remember the stink that was raised before the Primary. You can't complain about things in your county unless you voted against it.

Ho hum, another day at the office!!!

26 Sep 2010 15:29 #15 by Wayne Harrison
You're also the ones who, like the Republicans, are long on rhetoric and short on specifics.

If you don't refer to comedians for your topics does that mean nobody else can? Or is it OK with you if people post what they want?

It's not my argument, knucklehead. I quoted a newspaper story.

If you don't even care about the Pledge by Republicans why are you even participating in this discussion about it?

26 Sep 2010 15:48 #16 by LadyJazzer
They DO "refer to comedians" all the time... Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, etc.... The fact that they're unintentionally funny doesn't make them any less so.

26 Sep 2010 16:07 #17 by Nmysys
Another world heard from!!!!

26 Sep 2010 17:11 #18 by outdoor338
We will see who will be funny in November wayne. I can't wait till I hear you laughing when the voting is done.

26 Sep 2010 17:27 #19 by Wayne Harrison
Like I said, I'm hoping for a more balanced Congress. But I don't think taking control of either body will really result in anything like a major change.

26 Sep 2010 20:20 #20 by Spykster

outdoor338 wrote: This is waynes new source?...OMG!

You have to understand something about Wayne...He's...he's well, you know...different... :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds