A New Method of Stealing- Warning

03 Oct 2010 09:37 #11 by major bean
I only purchase items on a credit card after decision making. The decision is made well in advance of the purchase so there is no reason to carry a credit card on my person. Most other purchases are made online.
Daily purchases are by cheque or "walking around" money.

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Oct 2010 09:01 #12 by ComputerBreath

Science Chic wrote:

ComputerBreath wrote: I never sign my credit/debit cards...I always put "See Picture ID" in the signature block. That way, if someone does use my card without my knowledge/permission or it gets stolen is used, and the store doesn't check my picture ID, they are at fault!! This info was given to me a long time ago and it has served me well since then.

Whenever I'm asked for my ID, I make sure to tell the person asking, thank you.

My hubby does this too as he has an androgenous name. We found out that the post office will not accept cards signed this way. Isn't that stupid?

Yeah, well the Post Office has different rules depending on where you go...the one in Fairplay allows the use of a debit card to purchase a money order; however, the one in Breckenridge does not. I've used both my debit card and the company credit card at a PO to purchase stamps, etc., with "See Picture ID" on the reverse and they've taken them, after looking at my ID. I don't think the PO could find its butt with both hands.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds