A New Presidential Candidate!

01 Oct 2010 10:49 #1 by ScienceChic
http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/29/naked-cow ... ohn-burck/

http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/celebs/ ... d=25782643
New York's Naked Cowboy running for President in 2012

The Naked Cowboy, whose real name is Robert John Burck, has traded in his stripes and stars briefs for a suit and tie, and hopes to make it to Washington to implement his "very conservative policy" and move forward with his "unapologetic commitment to our borders, our language and our culture", according to "TMZ". "I've basically created a global brand with just some tighty-whities and hard work, so imagine what I can do when I'm backed by all the wonderful people and resources of the greatest city on earth," he writes. Some of the key issues on his agenda as mayoral candidate (back in 2009) were a primary focus on small businesses, rebuilding the city by restoring abandoned real estate, and providing aid to those who've lost their businesses and homes, and "their lifelong dreams."

As a street peddler, Burck knows a thing or two about the struggles of making a buck, and he seems to be the voice for the underdog, standing by his ideologies on cutting tax breaks from the wealthy, in addition to merging tax incentives with green initiatives and other progressive plans.

His official announcement:
http://www.kdf-comp.com/

I wonder if he'll run on the Tea Party ticket?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2010 11:45 #2 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic A New Presidential Candidate!
Nope, the "Twigs & Berries" Party

"merging tax incentives with green initiatives and other progressive plans", Duh!, the dems.

01 Oct 2010 11:58 #3 by ScienceChic
TPP - you obviously didn't bother to listen to his 10 min announcement speech, or focus on this sentence: "hopes to make it to Washington to implement his "very conservative policy" and move forward with his "unapologetic commitment to our borders, our language and our culture"? He specifically listed that he is for closing the borders to illegals, lifting offshore drilling restrictions, getting off foreign oil, increasing the number of oil refineries and nuclear power plants, eliminating restrictions on coal plants, against environmental regulation by the government, for reducing government size, and for reducing debt, among other items. He's an ordinary citizen who's going to obviously run a grassroots campaign on name recognition alone - how in the #@!! does that make him a Dem? I didn't endorse him, I just put up the info about him running...check it out before making a hasty assumption...please

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

01 Oct 2010 22:29 #4 by HEARTLESS
SC, a conservative policy could be anything just right of Marx, Stalin, etc. Consider the source. By the way, are you filling in for Wayne in his absence?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

02 Oct 2010 18:04 #5 by ScienceChic
Which source do you mean? I listened to the 10 minute speech by the candidate himself and based on his words, decided that he sounded very conservative. Not any source or Burck himself mentioned a party affiliation - my mention of it was pure speculation which was why I phrased it as a question. My chiding remark to TPP was because he obviously based his comments on the one snippet of phrase from the entertainment site rather than listening to the candidate himself and forming a more informed opinion.

And no, I'm not filling in for Wayne, my posts are just what intrigues me!

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds