10 Ways to Super Charge The Economy

02 Oct 2010 07:13 #1 by Nmysys
10 Ways to Super Charge the American Economy

By Jim Powell

Published October 01, 2010

| FoxNews.com

Wise and witty Wall Street Journal columnist Daniel Henninger this declared that economic growth is “the only policy left.”

He’s spot-on since Obama’s progressive pottage has left us with a sluggish economy, unemployment over 9 percent and a 14.3 percent poverty rate – more poor people than we have had in a half-century.

Our economy suffers from an accumulating deadweight of taxes, bailouts, subsidies, mandates and restrictions that have had debilitating unintended consequences. Obama’s worst policies aren’t the only sources of trouble.

Some hallowed progressive laws going back decades have limited competition, increased the cost of doing business and made it more difficult for employers to hire people, thereby reducing the number of people hired.

READ THE TEN WAYS AND THE COMPLETE STORY:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/10/01/jim-powell-economy-unemployment-tax-cuts-obama-recovery/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Oct 2010 12:39 #2 by EddieWess

Nmysys wrote: 10 Ways to Super Charge the American Economy

By Jim Powell

Published October 01, 2010

| FoxNews.com

Wise and witty Wall Street Journal columnist Daniel Henninger this declared that economic growth is “the only policy left.”

He’s spot-on since Obama’s progressive pottage has left us with a sluggish economy, unemployment over 9 percent and a 14.3 percent poverty rate – more poor people than we have had in a half-century.

Our economy suffers from an accumulating deadweight of taxes, bailouts, subsidies, mandates and restrictions that have had debilitating unintended consequences. Obama’s worst policies aren’t the only sources of trouble.

Some hallowed progressive laws going back decades have limited competition, increased the cost of doing business and made it more difficult for employers to hire people, thereby reducing the number of people hired.

READ THE TEN WAYS AND THE COMPLETE STORY:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/10/01/jim-powell-economy-unemployment-tax-cuts-obama-recovery/

Just wondering here Nymsys, but which Fortune 500, multi-national company are the major stockholder of?

02 Oct 2010 14:22 #3 by Nmysys
Me? I didn't endorse this opinion piece. I found it interesting enough to post it and start a debate about its merits. I am retired and on Social Security, if that somehow works into whatever theory that you want to develop about me, you are welcome to. I am neither a stockholder nor have I said anything other than to post it. I post a lot for the purpose of creating discussions, though they are rarely more than attacks by people who don't have an argument of any value.

What part of it don't you think makes sense?

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds