Amendments 60 and 61 and Resolution 101

02 Oct 2010 12:17 #1 by EddieWess
I've read the information in the 2010 State Ballot Information (Blue) Book, and I'm pretty clear on what 60, 61 and 101 are trying to do. Can someone who is for these amendments and this resolution explain, in their own words, please, why they are good for Colorado?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Oct 2010 11:08 #2 by FredHayek
I think it is more people are upset that Colorado in a recession added to their tax burden with more fees and taxes. These are very restrictive measures, but I expect at least one to pass because the people are angry.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Oct 2010 15:44 #3 by Mtn Gramma
All three issues allow for government to spend more money with a vote of the people. It feels like government is in a panic because these measures would make them have to have the approval of those being taxed.

The Post has refuted some of the claims of those opposed to these measures. I don't have a link right now but will look for it.

04 Oct 2010 06:24 #4 by HEARTLESS
Returning control to the voters is a bad idea? NOT. Think of it this way, give me a ridiculous amount of funding that I can skim funds for personal interests, vote in my own pay rate, a chance to pass laws that open a job to me when I'm done leaching off the people, and on and on. Its our money and we'd like to see it spent wisely.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

04 Oct 2010 15:54 #5 by Bailey Patriots
The Evergreen Conifer Tea Party is going to hold a debate next week on these issues. The text from their flier is below. If Becky or someone else at 285bound would be interested in taping the debate and posting it, the group would love to have you attend! Please PM us for more info.

Amendments 60, 61
Proposition 101
The Evergreen/Conifer Tea Party
invites you to the most Important Debate this Year
Pro: Colorado Union of Taxpayers
Anti: Don’t Hurt Colorado
Q & A from the floor
All media welcome
October 11 2010 6:30 PM
Evergreen Country Day School, 1093 Swede Gulch Road, Evergreen

04 Oct 2010 16:11 #6 by Grady

Bailey Patriots wrote: The Evergreen Conifer Tea Party is going to hold a debate next week on these issues. The text from their flier is below. If Becky or someone else at 285bound would be interested in taping the debate and posting it, the group would love to have you attend! Please PM us for more info.

Amendments 60, 61
Proposition 101
The Evergreen/Conifer Tea Party
invites you to the most Important Debate this Year
Pro: Colorado Union of Taxpayers
Anti: Don’t Hurt Colorado
Q & A from the floor
All media welcome
October 11 2010 6:30 PM
Evergreen Country Day School, 1093 Swede Gulch Road, Evergreen

A debate, hearing both sides of an argument, at a TP meeting what a great idea.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds