Does Tea Party support indicate mental illness?

02 Oct 2010 18:11 #1 by Blazer Bob
"Florida's Gov. Charlie Crist wanted the Republican Senate nomination. So did Marco Rubio, a Tea Party favorite. When Rubio went from 30 points behind Crist to 30 points ahead, Crist discovered that he is not a Republican. Promptly reversing his beliefs on various policy questions, he embarked on a run as an independent.

It is unfairly said that Crist's versatility of conviction proves that he has no convictions. He has one. It is that he should be a senator. Alaska's Sen. Lisa Murkowski is similarly a conviction politician."

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/party ... water.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Oct 2010 18:14 #2 by JMC
The republicans are going through a realignment not unlike what the Dems went through in the late 60's- early70's. The Dems moved left then and the Reps. will move right now. Just more polarized politics.

02 Oct 2010 18:44 #3 by Nmysys
I don't think that is exactly what is happening JMC. I think the presence of the Tea Party movement, and the impact, is to bring both parties back to reality, which in my opinion is to neither extreme. JMO.

If there is extremism, it is towards solving the immigration problem, and enforcing existing laws, rather than reforming them for the benefit of fringe groups. Again, JMO.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds