Al-Qaida Attack Survivor Wages His Own Jihad

12 Oct 2010 07:00 #1 by outdoor338
UNITED NATIONS (Oct. 11) -- On Ashraf al-Khaled's wedding day, a suicide bomber killed 27 members of his family. Five years later, al-Khaled is waging his own jihad -- against terrorism.

The Jordanian wants to stop young Muslims from becoming radicalized, and he is urging other terror attack survivors to be more vocal in the condemnation of the bloodshed.

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/do ... m/19668402

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2010 13:56 #2 by Nmysys
Wouldn't it be helpful to the so-called moderate Muslims to rise up and challenge the radicals? If they did, support for their cause would definitely grow. I believe it is because they don't seem to even be offended by it, that our suspicions are as high as they are, here in the west. When we had threads about the building of the mosque in N.Y. City close to Ground Zero, many of us related our perceptions of the words and the spirit of the Koran, being to kill or to subjugate those who didn't believe as they do.

Have the radicals really hijacked the religion, or is this lack of action telling the true story?

20 Oct 2010 15:34 #3 by Achmed
Only when the western world lives as our people have will they fully understand our reasoning.

20 Oct 2010 15:36 #4 by Scruffy
I like this Achmed guy!

20 Oct 2010 15:39 #5 by JusSayin

Scruffy wrote: I like this Achmed guy!

Please don't ask to see a body part. It can't be pretty.

20 Oct 2010 16:10 #6 by HEARTLESS
I like Achmed the dead terrorist, does that count?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

20 Oct 2010 16:14 #7 by Achmed
By your own definitions many who faught in your revolutionary war would be considered terrorists. It is all in ones perspective.

20 Oct 2010 20:41 #8 by Travelingirl

Nmysys wrote: Wouldn't it be helpful to the so-called moderate Muslims to rise up and challenge the radicals? If they did, support for their cause would definitely grow. I believe it is because they don't seem to even be offended by it, that our suspicions are as high as they are, here in the west. When we had threads about the building of the mosque in N.Y. City close to Ground Zero, many of us related our perceptions of the words and the spirit of the Koran, being to kill or to subjugate those who didn't believe as they do.

Have the radicals really hijacked the religion, or is this lack of action telling the true story?

This is what most Americans are looking for. There are moderate Muslims. His opening statements are terrific!

Edited to add their website:
http://www.aifdemocracy.org/

[youtube:1cqjuggp]
[/youtube:1cqjuggp]T

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds