Judge allows states' healthcare suit to proceed

15 Oct 2010 08:11 #11 by Grady
And why should the Amish be ecempt??????? Or any other group for that matter?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Oct 2010 08:16 #12 by Martin Ent Inc
Amish were smart enough to never get an SS# and never file income tax so they have no ties to the fed.
Another interesting note is about 50% of Americans don't file or pay income tax.

15 Oct 2010 08:53 #13 by LadyJazzer
Roughly 40% have a zero FEDERAL liability. But less than 10% "don't file."...according to irs.gov.

Nice rant though...

15 Oct 2010 09:37 #14 by Martin Ent Inc

15 Oct 2010 09:41 #15 by Martin Ent Inc
More info from someone who knows the laws and regs.

http://www.truthattack.org/jml/index.php

15 Oct 2010 09:47 #16 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, I'd certainly put a lot of stock in two right-wing anti-tax sites, as opposed to [url=http://www.irs.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.irs.gov[/url]

Nice rant though.

15 Oct 2010 09:59 #17 by Martin Ent Inc
Didn't bother to read em at all did you.

The Ignorant shall remain that way until they open their eyes and realize there is more out there than their own twisted thoughts.

15 Oct 2010 10:05 #18 by PrintSmith

SS109 wrote: The same country that can draft you and send you to South Vietnam can't require you to buy health insurance? I think Obama will win this one. States can require you to buy auto insurance, health insurance isn't that different.

Absolutely. The Constitution clearly states that the federal government will have the authority to raise and support Armies and to provide and maintain a Navy. There is no language anywhere which gives it the authority to require a citizen to participate in commerce. Does the federal government have a law on the books that every citizen, regardless of whether or not they own a car, must purchase car insurance?

There is no question that the citizens of Massachusetts, or Colorado, have the ability to require a citizen of that state to purchase health insurance as they have the authority to mandate owners of a car purchase insurance for the car they drive. Have you noticed that it isn't the federal government that passed primary laws requiring seat belts be worn? They have the authority to say how much federal tax dollars that states without such a law will receive, but not to mandate that a seat belt be worn. If they don't have the power to make you wear your seat belt, how can it be argued that they have the authority to govern your purchase of health insurance?

15 Oct 2010 12:09 #19 by LadyJazzer

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Didn't bother to read em at all did you.

The Ignorant shall remain that way until they open their eyes and realize there is more out there than their own twisted thoughts.

And I'm sure you didn't spend any time looking on irs.gov either... :Snooze

15 Oct 2010 13:11 #20 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: And I'm sure you didn't spend any time looking on irs.gov either... :Snooze

I tried, but everytime I read that site, I get this creepy 'somebody's watching me' kinda feeling and the hair on the back of my neck stands on end.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds