You Republicans know how to pick them

14 Oct 2010 19:34 #1 by JMC
Why is This GOP House Candidate Dressed as a Nazi?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... azi/64319/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2010 20:15 #2 by PondLady
Amazing.

14 Oct 2010 22:02 #3 by FredHayek
Context. The candidate is a reenactor. He has also been a Civil War reenactor, on both sides. While nerdish, it doesn't mean the candidate supports the Hitlerites.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Oct 2010 06:51 #4 by JMC

SS109 wrote: Context. The candidate is a reenactor. He has also been a Civil War reenactor, on both sides. While nerdish, it doesn't mean the candidate supports the Hitlerites.

The article mentions that he is a re-enactor. Still think that it is a very strange hobby.

15 Oct 2010 07:00 #5 by Nobody that matters

JMC wrote:

SS109 wrote: Context. The candidate is a reenactor. He has also been a Civil War reenactor, on both sides. While nerdish, it doesn't mean the candidate supports the Hitlerites.

The article mentions that he is a re-enactor. Still think that it is a very strange hobby.

He might say the same about someone spending time arguing with complete strangers on an internet forum.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

15 Oct 2010 07:05 #6 by JMC

dmcdd wrote:

JMC wrote:

He might say the same about someone spending time arguing with complete strangers on an internet forum.

Nah, that is a completely sane endeavor. As we all know.

15 Oct 2010 07:18 #7 by FredHayek
While not a reenactor, I am sympathetic to people who do it. As a amateur historian, it is very cool to walk through a period perfect Civil War or WWII biouvac. The dedication of these people in getting everything right is amazing.
Locally I have been to a couple mountain man/rendevous re-enactments in South Park and these can be pretty accurate too.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Oct 2010 10:23 #8 by Cat Crap Hill
So how accurate is a Nazi reenactor? Do they ghettoize Jews or chase them down in the forest and shoot them?

15 Oct 2010 11:01 #9 by outdoor338
maybe you ought to go and watch a reenactment of WW2 enthusiasts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuG61Hid ... re=related I think your post insults all Jews, or are you just being ignorant?

15 Oct 2010 11:06 #10 by Scruffy

outdoor338 wrote: maybe you ought to go and watch a reenactment of WW2 enthusiasts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuG61Hid ... re=related I think your post insults all Jews, or are you just being ignorant?

Oh, stop being so sensitive and politically correct.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds