Buck in favor of bigger government!

17 Oct 2010 17:01 #11 by JMC

Beeks wrote:

"KEN BUCK: --the point is that you grow government because as people have more money, they spend the money, and government grows. When we put people back to work, government grows. We increase revenue, and we decrease unemployment benefits.

SENATOR BENNET: Well, I'm definitely not interested in growing government, I can tell you that."

I'm no Buck fan for sure, but in his defense he corrected himself about 5 seconds later, and stated that he meant that the economy grows, not the government.

You are 100% right and he handled the rape question as best he could but so many other things gave me pause. Just not ready for prime time. IMO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Oct 2010 17:05 #12 by Something the Dog Said

Beeks wrote: And, in regard the rape case that he declined to prosecute, he gave a much more in-depth answer than you give him credit for. Spoke about how he a number of different prosecutors from different jurisdictions take a look at the case, as well as other considerations. You can agree or disagree with the final decision, but at least consider everything that he said, not just the part that helps your story.

He has made the statement about all of the other prosecutors who allegedly agreed with his decision to let the self-confessed rapist go scott-free, but not a single one has corroborated his story.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

17 Oct 2010 17:09 #13 by Something the Dog Said

Beeks wrote: And, in regard the rape case that he declined to prosecute, he gave a much more in-depth answer than you give him credit for. Spoke about how he a number of different prosecutors from different jurisdictions take a look at the case, as well as other considerations. You can agree or disagree with the final decision, but at least consider everything that he said, not just the part that helps your story.

The point being made was not just his incredibly bad decision to let the self-confessed rapist go free but the remarks that he made about the victim, in particular:

"
One of the reasons was the fact that she had regretted this relationship. She had buyer's remorse as a result of the relationship that she had with this young man. '

He is projecting this emotion upon the victim, that she was feeling "buyer's remorse" about her regretting her former relationship with the rapist. That is not his judgement to make.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

17 Oct 2010 21:12 #14 by Blazer Bob
[quote="JMCYou are 100% right and he handled the rape question as best he could but so many other things gave me pause. Just not ready for prime time. IMO[/quote]

Look at the current crop of congress critters. It is not as if the bar is set very high.

From the department of redundency department, "BAD DOG".

17 Oct 2010 21:27 #15 by FredHayek

JMC wrote: Worst group ever.

You need to study history some more. I remember reading about some Senators that were morphine addicts and Ku Klux Klan leaders.
The KKK leader was elected by West Virginia voters only a few years ago.

What choices we have, a reformed witch or a reformed Dragon!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds