Buck in favor of bigger government!

17 Oct 2010 12:30 #1 by Something the Dog Said
Wow! On Meet the Press, Ken Buck has come out in favor of bigger government:

"KEN BUCK: --the point is that you grow government because as people have more money, they spend the money, and government grows. When we put people back to work, government grows. We increase revenue, and we decrease unemployment benefits.

SENATOR BENNET: Well, I'm definitely not interested in growing government, I can tell you that."

Then in regard to DADT, Ken Buck claims that being gay is simply a choice:

"DAVID GREGORY: Mister Buck, I want to start with you. The issue of-- gays in our country. In a debate last month, you expressed your support for Don't Ask, Don't Tell, which we talked about with Mister Gibbs, and you alluded to lifestyle choices. Do you believe that being gay is a choice?

KEN BUCK: I do.

DAVID GREGORY: Based on what?
KEN BUCK: Based on what.

DAVID GREGORY: Yeah. Why do you believe that?

KEN BUCK: I guess...you can choose who your partner is.

DAVID GREGORY: You don't think it's something that's determined at birth?
KEN BUCK: I think that birth has an influence over like alcoholism and some other things, but I think that basically, you have a choice.

DAVID GREGORY: Does that put him outside the mainstream of views on this?"

Then he had this to say about how he handled the situation letting a confessed rapist go free:

BUCK: I don't regret the way I talked to her. I think it is important a prosecutor approach a victim with a certain amount of reality, and that's what I tried to do with this victim. I didn't blame her at all.

GREGORY: So what about what you told The Greeley Tribune?

BUCK: What I told The Greeley Tribune -- I gave them five or six reasons why I thought a jury could decline these. One of the reasons was the fact that she had regretted this relationship. She had buyer's remorse as a result of the relationship that she had with this young man. That is something that I think, when someone decides to make a case public, the public has to understand why.

Definitely an extremist and definitely not ready for prime time.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Oct 2010 12:33 #2 by LadyJazzer
He forgot to mention the "U.N. bicycle plot to take over the world, in Boulder." Now, THERE'S an idea that's ahead-of-its-time....

17 Oct 2010 13:22 #3 by JMC
Buck is a newbie to this and will be a mess if he wins. Bennet is also a mess and might be just a lesser mess. I listened to the debate on Meet the Press and I kept thinking that Colorado should do better.

17 Oct 2010 14:38 #4 by cydl
I can't believe that either one of these yahoos is a) actually running for public office, b) has garnered enough support to not be seen as the total idiots that they are, and c) have big-money corporations thowing money at their campaigns like drunken johns on last call for hookers. Jeez!!!

Makes me want to puke.

17 Oct 2010 15:45 #5 by FredHayek

JMC wrote: Buck is a newbie to this and will be a mess if he wins. Bennet is also a mess and might be just a lesser mess. I listened to the debate on Meet the Press and I kept thinking that Colorado should do better.

Can't be any worse than current reresentatives like Al Franken and the idiots who invited Stephen Colbert to speak on immigration. There isn't a high bar for Congress or the Senate.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Oct 2010 15:47 #6 by LadyJazzer
No... If there were, there wouldn't be idiots like Sharron Angle and Glenda-the-Good-Witch O'Donnell running for office... The bar doesn't get much lower.

17 Oct 2010 16:05 #7 by JMC
Worst group ever.

17 Oct 2010 16:38 #8 by Blazer Bob

JMC wrote: Worst group ever.

It is easier to discipline a puppy than a junk yard dog. "Bad dog, remember the switch."

17 Oct 2010 16:44 #9 by Beeks

"KEN BUCK: --the point is that you grow government because as people have more money, they spend the money, and government grows. When we put people back to work, government grows. We increase revenue, and we decrease unemployment benefits.

SENATOR BENNET: Well, I'm definitely not interested in growing government, I can tell you that."

I'm no Buck fan for sure, but in his defense he corrected himself about 5 seconds later, and stated that he meant that the economy grows, not the government.

17 Oct 2010 16:48 #10 by Beeks
And, in regard the rape case that he declined to prosecute, he gave a much more in-depth answer than you give him credit for. Spoke about how he a number of different prosecutors from different jurisdictions take a look at the case, as well as other considerations. You can agree or disagree with the final decision, but at least consider everything that he said, not just the part that helps your story.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds