Sen. McCain's daughter calls O'Donnel 'a nut job'

17 Oct 2010 21:03 #1 by Wayne Harrison

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Senator John McCain's daughter said on Sunday that Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell of Delaware, a Tea Party favorite, is "seen as a nut job."

"Christine O'Donnell is making a mockery of running for public office," Meghan McCain said of her father's fellow Republican, who recently ran an ad declaring, "I'm not a witch."

Appearing on ABC's "This Week," McCain said O'Donnell "has no real history, no real success in any kind of business."

"And what that sends to my generation is (the message that) one day, you can just wake up and run for Senate, no matter how lack of experience you have," said McCain, 26, author of the new book, "Dirty Sexy Politics."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_usa_elect ... Ob4PRzfNdF

I'm conflicted on this.

I guess I'm sorta wondering what's wrong with someone just waking up and deciding to run for the Senate?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Oct 2010 21:22 #2 by FredHayek
Like Alvin Greene & Al Franken? It seems to work in at least a few cases.

And I used to find Meghan refreshing to listen to, but the more she speaks, the more she reveals her ignorance. She needs to do more reading and less blogging.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Oct 2010 21:35 #3 by archer
Meghan is refreshing.....someone who doesn't parrot the party line, you should love her!

18 Oct 2010 04:11 #4 by outdoor338
sure archer, as long as someone is calling a tea party candidate or republican a nutjob, your fine with that! More nutjobs in your party for sure.

18 Oct 2010 04:37 #5 by HEARTLESS
Our nation was meant to be by the people and for the people. Now its become by the elite for the elite.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

18 Oct 2010 06:29 #6 by RenegadeCJ
Not a surprising comment at all from someone who is from the elite class.

I personally would prefer if we had term limits, and nobody was in more than 2 terms. I want LOTS of people to wake up and run for senate. Maybe they would actually "serve" instead of screwing the public at every turn.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

18 Oct 2010 07:16 #7 by FredHayek
I think the media likes to use her as a "Republican" source but she is even more of a RINO than her father was.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Oct 2010 09:50 #8 by Wayne Harrison
Sounds like there could be another political party -- RINO's -- that are a little closer to the center of the spectrum.

18 Oct 2010 10:10 #9 by Nmysys
Simple question for you Pineguy. What has ever been accomplished by politicians in the center? It seems that being in the center is the position of the moderate, where no decision is reached. Now it sounds good, and of less damage to the country, but IMO that is what the two party system has been about, a swing in one direction or the other, of a pendulum. That is what caused the birth and growth of the modern Tea Party movement. It has meant an awakening of the people to what was going on in the political arena, and hopefully now will result in a return to what the Constitution was meant to mean for this country.

It seems to me that many people have been called a nut job, including you and me, most especially George Bush, by the left constantly during his presidency. Saying it doesn't necessarily make it true whether by the right or the left, just political attacks as usual.

18 Oct 2010 10:23 #10 by RenegadeCJ

Pineguy wrote: Sounds like there could be another political party -- RINO's -- that are a little closer to the center of the spectrum.

Right now you have 3 groups.

Liberals-Fast road to complete destruction of this country
Rino's-Slow lane, but still moving to eventual complete destruction of this country
Conservatives-Putting the breaks on the destruction of the country, willing to make the tough decisions, even if not popular. Problem is, many conservatives are bribed into the riches and power of the political realm when elected, and become Rino's, or liberals.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds