Sen. McCain's daughter calls O'Donnel 'a nut job'

18 Oct 2010 10:28 #11 by FredHayek

Pineguy wrote: Sounds like there could be another political party -- RINO's -- that are a little closer to the center of the spectrum.

RINO's pull their conservatives to the center and blue dog Dems are pulled to the left by their leaders.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Oct 2010 10:44 #12 by LadyJazzer
And maybe McCain's daughter called her a nut-job because she *IS* a nut-job?

And then there's Sharron Angle....Sharron Angle grew up in Reno, and still lives there today -- you would think that her hometown would rally around her Senate candidacy, right?

Turns out, not so much. Yesterday the Reno-Gazette Journal, endorsed Senator Reid. Here's their headline and a snippet:

Replacing Sen. Reid with Angle would be a disaster for Nevada
"Angle has few accomplishments to claim for her eight years in the Nevada Legislature. And her much touted commitment to principle is questionable. The Republican candidate says that the federal government can't create jobs, but a federal-government-created job provided her family with a comfortable life, the same health insurance plan as the one available to members of Congress and a nice retirement."

Ooopsie....

18 Oct 2010 11:28 #13 by FredHayek
I thought Angle was a state legislator not a US Congressperson?

And while Nevada will lose a lot of pork if Reid is defeated, Obama himself told people not to go to Las Vegas. And that probably hurt more considering that Clark county has 15% unemployment.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Oct 2010 11:46 #14 by LadyJazzer
"Mr. Ted Angle receives his pension through the (federal) Civil Service Retirement System. While it is not supplemented by the federal government, current civil servants pay into the program to pay the schedule of those already retired - much like how the Social Security Program works today. Mr. Angle does not qualify - nor does he receive Social Security benefits. His health insurance plan (the Federal Employee Health Program), which also covers Sharron, is a continuation of what he was receiving while he worked for the federal government."

18 Oct 2010 12:35 #15 by Wayne Harrison

SS109 wrote:

Pineguy wrote: Sounds like there could be another political party -- RINO's -- that are a little closer to the center of the spectrum.

RINO's pull their conservatives to the center and blue dog Dems are pulled to the left by their leaders.

And RINO's are pulled to the right by their leaders.

Blue Dog Democrats: One of 33 conservative Democratic Members of the House of Representatives who have banded together to support a more centrist position on economic issues than that held by their party's leadership.

18 Oct 2010 14:39 #16 by Nmysys
You forgot Dinos!!!!!

I believe that you and Scruffy called her that too.

18 Oct 2010 15:01 #17 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: You forgot Dinos!!!!!

I believe that you and Scruffy called her that too.

I would never say such a stupid thing.

19 Oct 2010 08:02 #18 by Wayne Harrison
Me either. I've never used that term. RINO is a made up term by ultra conservatives to marginalize members of the Republican Party.

Personally, I believe what you call RINOs and what we call Blue Dog Democrats are more in line with the majority of Americans. They aren't extreme in either direction.

19 Oct 2010 10:32 #19 by JusSayin

Pineguy wrote: They aren't extreme in either direction.

I agree. However, when moderates--Democrats or Republicans--are elected, they immediately become marginalized by the entrenched extremists (and their respective special interests) in both parties. They are forced left or forced right and attempts to govern from moderate, mainstream positions quickly fail.

That's why we ultimately must clean house and start with a majority in the House and Senate who are their to serve the people, not themselves and their special interests.

19 Oct 2010 11:40 #20 by Wayne Harrison
But your solution of cleaning house is impossible to implement. You'd have to remove every incumbent, which can't be done.

"Throw out the bums" sounds good and makes you feel good, but it's not practical.

History has proven that the party in power almost always suffers losses in the mid-term elections -- mainly because some people aren't happy no matter who is in power.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds