Making a wish come true

31 May 2010 06:18 #1 by Rockdoc
This article (link posted below) made me tear up with joy. I find it motivational and we ought to investigate forming a group to do similar things.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100531/ap_ ... sh_seniors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2010 06:31 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Making a wish come true
That is one awesome story. I have a huge thing for seniors. I used to volunteer at a nursing home. All I did was go in and talk to them. So many seniors are in nursing homes and shouldn't be. Very cool idea.

There is an obscure movie called "The trip to Bountiful" One of Geraldine Page's last movies. Very much about how seniors feel. I cried at that movie.

31 May 2010 06:48 - 31 May 2010 08:24 #3 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Making a wish come true
I may not be that senior, but I can relate to them, likely through watching my mother grow old. Perhaps because I failed to give her much time, I'm ultra sensitive to the limitations so many seniors have. Indeed the gift of some discussion time is huge. Last Christmas we did something for the elderly assisted living home in Evergreen. All of us went, delivered decorated trees and sang. It was the singing that was received best. We had them singing along. It was marvelous. One does not have to be rich to give something special to a senior citizen.

31 May 2010 07:45 #4 by Sunshine Girl
What a wonderful story and such a fantastic idea Rockdoc! :woo hoo: We have plenty of seniors up here that I bet would love to do something they've never had a chance to do before. Think a bucket list type of thing. The wonderful group on this website sounds like just the kind of people who could do something like this. I'm in! :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

31 May 2010 09:41 #5 by pound dog mom
That was a very heartwarming story. SG I'm with you, I think this group could do something.

31 May 2010 10:08 #6 by Rockdoc

Sunshine Girl wrote: What a wonderful story and such a fantastic idea Rockdoc! :woo hoo: We have plenty of seniors up here that I bet would love to do something they've never had a chance to do before. Think a bucket list type of thing. The wonderful group on this website sounds like just the kind of people who could do something like this. I'm in! :biggrin:

You know me, Sunshine Girl. I'd have a hard time not trying to fulfill everyone's dreams. But as a group, I bet we could put a dent into that bucket. I need to retire so I have more time for things like this.

31 May 2010 10:09 #7 by Rockdoc

pound dog mom wrote: That was a very heartwarming story. SG I'm with you, I think this group could do something.

Do we dare start organizing?

31 May 2010 17:29 #8 by pound dog mom
Go for it Rockdoc...

31 May 2010 18:39 #9 by Rockdoc
Considering my work schedule, it would be ill advised for me to attempt this. I'm not going to start something if I can't make a solid commitment. Aside from that there are others who are much better at organzation than I.

31 May 2010 18:39 #10 by Rockdoc
Considering my work schedule, it would be ill advised for me to attempt this. I'm not going to start something if I can't make a solid commitment. Aside from that there are others who are much better at organzation than I. Volunteers?

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds