Go Ahead, Beat Your Wife... Just Don't Leave a Mark (exerpt)

21 Oct 2010 04:29 #11 by Rockdoc

Achmed wrote: Your laws have not had to endure a test of time. You should extend tolerence.

That, Achmed, is a two way street. Test of time has little to do with a law being a good law. Some stand the test of time because there are no advances made, somewhat like the Amish, where a sector of humanity elects not to move forward. Most evolve to deal with a need. The needs of yesterday are not in accord with those of today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2010 09:29 #12 by Jonathan Hemlock
I agree that the test of time has little to do with the efficacy of a law. It certainly doesn't make a bad law, good!

I still can't grasp the concept of a man's need to lean upon government or religion so he can beat his wife or children and then, only the girls.

30 Oct 2010 10:50 #13 by Batifa Zaxo
I think america will do well with shira law, its better then the system you have in place, just look at your prison systems and how full they are. Achmed is correct in his concepts. America should allow shira law in certain cities for a trial period. You have corrupt judges as you know!

30 Oct 2010 10:52 #14 by Jonathan Hemlock

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: I agree that the test of time has little to do with the efficacy of a law. It certainly doesn't make a bad law, good!

I still can't grasp the concept of a man's need to lean upon government or religion so he can beat his wife or children and then, only the girls.

30 Oct 2010 17:08 #15 by Nmysys
Sharia law doesn't do well even in Muslim countries. All it does is keep the women in line, allowing the men to rule them. Take your Sharia Law and go back to Iran!

Your culture only respects your own, not ours. Your culture says to kill all of the people in the world that do not accept Islam. You are free to live here and practice your ways, but don't think that makes us weak. We are not and will not tolerate your attempts to shove your religion down our throats!!!

30 Oct 2010 17:18 #16 by Jonathan Hemlock
"Sharia law in certain cities for a trial period" would work about as good as sanctuary cities do now.

Arrests and trials, without prosecutions for crimes that no one understands and no society should tolerate.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds