Voting for immigration sanity

20 Oct 2010 10:20 #1 by Travelingirl
For those of you who live in Lakewood, you should know that there is a question on the ballot that relates to immigration sanity. Ballot Question 300 specifies that when a person is stopped by police officers and the person does not have a drivers license, the person's vehicle will be impounded.

In practice, this would mean that illegal aliens without a valid drivers license would have their vehicles impounded - yet another disincentive for illegal aliens to live, work and drive in Lakewood.

This is something that definitely needs to be passed as a state statute. We look forward to the next legislative session passing such a measure of immigration sanity.

By the way, we encourage you to vote for political candidates who take a public and strong position on immigration sanity. No illegals, no amnesty, no sanctuary cities, no bull. [url=http://www.CAIRCO.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.CAIRCO.org[/url]

Pass along to your friends in family in Lakewood.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Oct 2010 10:58 #2 by JusSayin
Woohoo! Let's "sanitize" America, one community at a time...since the feds won't do it.

20 Oct 2010 11:09 #3 by Nobody that matters

JusSayin wrote: Woohoo! Let's "sanitize" America, one community at a time...since the feds won't do it.

Somebody's got to do it.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

20 Oct 2010 11:28 #4 by Jonathan Hemlock
Sanitize! No the word was Sanity.

We need to stop creating incentives for immigrants to maintain their illegal status.

20 Oct 2010 12:05 #5 by Cat Crap Hill
And if a pinecammer was stopped in Lakewood with his/her drivers license, his/her car would be impounded. And that's the way it should be.

20 Oct 2010 12:19 #6 by Travelingirl

Cat Crap Hill wrote: And if a pinecammer was stopped in Lakewood with his/her drivers license, his/her car would be impounded. And that's the way it should be.

Yep! That's right! If this law had been in place in Denver or Longmont, I wonder how different the lives of my kids and one of our employees might be.

20 Oct 2010 12:25 #7 by Nmysys
I know someone running for Governor of Colorado who is very much for legislature of this kind. BTW he is speaking at Beaver Ranch in Conifer this evening at 7 PM. His name, if you don't happen to know who I am talking about, is Tom Tancredo. Thanks for posting this Travelinggirl. Sorry you won't be able to attend.

20 Oct 2010 12:49 #8 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Voting for immigration sanity
Way to throw in a plug  :Thanks:

20 Oct 2010 12:52 #9 by AV8OR
Replied by AV8OR on topic Voting for immigration sanity
GO TANK!

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds