Tea Party ‘founder’: Palin, Gingrich a ‘joke’

22 Oct 2010 09:19 #11 by Wayne Harrison
So how do voters feel about Palin?

President Obama would trounce Sarah Palin in a 2012 match-up, according to a Bloomberg National Poll released today.

Fifty-one percent of respondents in the poll said they would vote for Mr. Obama if the election were held today and Palin were his GOP challenger. Just 35 percent said they would vote for Palin. Another 10 percent said they wouldn't vote at all, and 4 percent were unsure.

Most Americans, 54 percent, said they viewed Palin unfavorably, while 38 percent said they viewed her favorably. By contrast, 53 percent said they view the president favorably, and 44 percent said they viewed him unfavorably. A recent CBS News poll showed nearly half of Americans viewed Palin unfavorably, and just 22 percent said she would be an effective president.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html

Personally, I hope she runs. I'd like to see how she'd handle campaigning in the primaries against other Republicans. It's one thing to run against someone from another party. It's quite another to have to run against people in your own party and be criticized by candidates from your own party. I still remember George H.W. Bush calling Reagan's economic plan "voodoo economics" (before he had a change of heart, became Reagan's VP nominee and embraced the same thing he had previously criticized).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2010 09:24 #12 by LadyJazzer
[center:38wiuwug]PALIN in '12!!!
The world is supposed to end anyway...[/center:38wiuwug]

I'm praying for it... lol

22 Oct 2010 09:33 #13 by Nmysys
Scruffy:

How about a link where you say they have said that the green party was responsible for the Tancredo Speech. I went to the High Timber Times and I find nothing.

22 Oct 2010 09:41 #14 by JusSayin

LadyJazzer wrote: I'm praying for it... lol

Did you sacrifice a goat?

22 Oct 2010 09:42 - 22 Oct 2010 09:50 #15 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: Scruffy:

How about a link where you say they have said that the green party was responsible for the Tancredo Speech. I went to the High Timber Times and I find nothing.

I'll go get my paper and see if I can find it. I may have been wrong, Nmy, but I swear I read it.

Edit: Okay, I have my copy of the HTT in front of me - Oct 20, 2010. Front page, top right corner:

Tancredo to Speak
Constitution Party gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo will speak at a social hour and community meeting at Beaver Ranch, 11369 S. Foxton Road in Conifer, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct 20. The meeting is sponsored by the 285 Corridor Green Party.

Sometimes, not everything gets onto their web page.

22 Oct 2010 09:47 #16 by Nmysys
You can't swear unless the posting is in the Ring.

22 Oct 2010 09:50 #17 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: You can't swear unless the posting is in the Ring.

Try and stop me.

Oh, wait. I'm back on my meds today, so I probably won't swear much.

22 Oct 2010 10:25 #18 by Wayne Harrison
How come no one from the 285 Corridor Green Party posts on here?

22 Oct 2010 11:08 #19 by Nmysys
It seems that we cannot prevent errors on the part of the press anywhere in this country, but heck, they are the elite, aren't they.

BTW when the lady from the High Timber Times arrived at the meeting she told me that she had never heard that we had a Tea Party Group here in the corridor, asked me where the notices of the meeting were posted, but wasn't a bit surprised that I was involved with it as she has interviewed me in the past.

She then asked for the name of the group, so as far as I could tell, she knew very little about what to expect.

22 Oct 2010 12:43 #20 by ScienceChic

Pineguy wrote: How come no one from the 285 Corridor Green Party posts on here?

I do - I feel so all alone...! :biggrin:

Nmysys wrote: BTW when the lady from the High Timber Times arrived at the meeting she told me that she had never heard that we had a Tea Party Group here in the corridor, asked me where the notices of the meeting were posted, but wasn't a bit surprised that I was involved with it as she has interviewed me in the past.

She then asked for the name of the group, so as far as I could tell, she knew very little about what to expect.

Those print media types need to catch up with those of us online - 285Bound is ahead of the curve! Thanks to its awesome members and even awesome-er place to post! :woo hoo:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds