Keeping track of political phone calls

21 Oct 2010 13:34 #1 by Wallace Stegner
Does being an unaffiliated voter make one a bigger target for such calls? In keeping score, the Tancredo robo-calls to my house are running ahead of any other by a substantial margin, but have no idea what that means.

I am always taken by surprise when a real live person is on the other end of the line. It has actually happened twice this fall and I had nice conversations with them as I explain how I do not reveal to anyone my voting intentions.

Polling calls have been frequent as well, and I attempt to be as devious as possible in answering the questions.

All-in-all, it has been a good campaign cycle to adhere to the refrain from Spanish Pipedream by John Prine:

Blow up your T.V. throw away your paper...

[/i]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2010 14:54 #2 by Ice
I've gotten 2 a day for candidates but no polling calls yet. I'm unaffiliated too but a friend said she gets tons of fund raising calls from her party. At least I'm not getting those.

21 Oct 2010 15:07 #3 by AV8OR
In a smart campaign involving "strategic targeting," "non-affiliated" voters and "non-committed" voters will be targets. Simply put, if you are one of the above and also fit into the campaign strategy as a "likely voter" for their cause, you will get MORE calls.

21 Oct 2010 15:53 #4 by FredHayek
I am getting plenty of calls and am currently a card-carrying Republican.
I think everyone is getting hit.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Oct 2010 15:54 #5 by ColoradoXprss
No kidding...not only have I been getting hit on my home phone with these calls, but my cell phone as well. I WILL BE SO GLAD when this voting is over. It's beyond ridiculous now.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds