Hickenlooper on ‘backwards thinking’ on gays in rural areas

22 Oct 2010 13:04 #1 by Grady

“I think a couple things, I mean, you know, the tragic death of Matthew Shepard occurred in Wyoming. Colorado and Wyoming are very similar. We have some of the same, you know, backwards thinking in the kind of rural Western areas you see in, you know, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico,” Hickenlooper says 1:40 into the interview.

Duhhhhhh
I guess we are just dumb, racists, homophobes, clinging to our guns and religion. Typical elitist attitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rkJ-xB0 ... r_embedded
about 1:40 in

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Oct 2010 13:16 #2 by Nmysys
Is that what he thinks of us voters?

We have lots of people up here who live alternative lifestyles. How inconsiderate he is. Not very PC is it Scruffy?? Your hero said those words. What say you now??

22 Oct 2010 13:38 #3 by The Viking
If you ever really listen to him and his ideas, he is a total idiot and it speaks volumes about those who vote for him. It is all because of the 'D' behind his name. It sure can't be for his ideals.

22 Oct 2010 13:46 #4 by Photo-fish

Nmysys wrote: Is that what he thinks of us voters?

NO! That is what he thinks of homophobes that would take the life of another person just because they do not approve of that lifestyle.

He is saying (to paraphrase, if I may), As there are homophobes (ie backwards thinkers) in Wyoming that would do this sort of action, there are the same mindsets here in Colorado (and across the country). At least that is what I made of that comment.

CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING! :bash

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

22 Oct 2010 14:03 #5 by Photo-fish
You would think that if he meant to slam those alternative lifestyles in the way you suggest, that the host, Eden Lane (a transgendered journalist based in Denver), would have called him out on that?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

22 Oct 2010 14:07 #6 by FredHayek
If I was homosexual, I know I would migrate to urban areas, more privacy, everybody isn't in your business like some small towns, and more likely to find people of similar orientation.
I know it sounds like Hick is prejudiced against...hicks, ( rofllol ), but there is an element of truth there.

Then again, the last homosexual attack & death I read about in the news took place in the metro area.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Oct 2010 14:39 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
So them city gang bangers aren't prejudiced against gays. Hmm
Only the hillbilly mt folk.

He's an idiot.

22 Oct 2010 15:02 #8 by netdude
The only idiots are the homophobes he is referring too, it seems to have touched a nerve with some of the 285bound homophombes 'round here.... wonder why?

22 Oct 2010 15:25 #9 by Grady
I didn't notice any homophobic statements above? Did a post or two get deleted?

22 Oct 2010 15:52 #10 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds