Help a local band win a NASA contest

25 Oct 2010 13:53 #1 by V_A
https://songcontest.nasa.gov/top40.aspx

NASA is running a contest to pick the most popular two songs that have been used in the history of human space flight. These two songs will be played as wake up calls during the STS 133 Shuttle mission currently scheduled for launch on Nov. 1st. Through your overwhelming support, BHTM's "Blue Sky" currently stands in second place at nearly 500,000 votes. This week is our last chance to make a run at first place. If you'd like to help, click here to vote for Blue Sky. You are allowed to vote more than one time so after you vote, hit the back button on your computer, and continue voting. The code entries are not case sensitive, so don't worry about matching the upper and lower cases in the code. When you vote you can watch the total go up and get a sense of how many other fans are on line voting with you. Rumor has it some fans are having voting parties this week in order to make a run at first place, particularly Tues, Weds, and Thurs nights. Join in the fun and watch our vote count soar! Good luck and go get em!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2010 15:00 #2 by JMC
Thanks for posting this and letting us know . I voted for Frank ( Fly me to the moon) but being destroyed by Star Trek. Oh well.

25 Oct 2010 15:29 #3 by Nmysys
It seems that since the beginning of American Idol and their 10 votes er method, everything turns out to be more of a popularity contest than a talent contest. I'm not real wild about any system that allows for more than one vote. BTW JMC, I voted for Frank too.

25 Oct 2010 16:11 #4 by AV8OR
I know what you mean Nmysys. Let's not be concerned with talent, let's just flood the system with multiple votes by the same group.

25 Oct 2010 21:33 #5 by CC
I voted for Tom Petty and Steppenwolf :)

25 Oct 2010 22:10 #6 by major bean
2001: A Space Odyssey
Wild Blue Yonder - Air Force song

Regards,
Major Bean

25 Oct 2010 22:43 #7 by navycpo7

major bean wrote: 2001: A Space Odyssey
Wild Blue Yonder - Air Force song

Both of these would be the best in my opinion though I am partial to the Navy Anchors Aweigh

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds