Legalize Marijuana In Colorado?

27 Oct 2010 07:27 #1 by FredHayek
It looks like the proposal to legalize marijuana in California will pass, do you think this could pass here? And would you support it?

I like the idea, personally I have seen a lot more people who have ruined their lives with booze than MJ. And my uncle, a prison chaplin, agrees with me. So many more of his inmates were drunk when they comitted their crimes than stoned.

And marijuana would be taxed of course. The cali law would make each county set up thier own rules, but if Colorado did it, I would like to see a statewide set of laws.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Oct 2010 08:01 #2 by Nmysys

" I smoked it, but I didn't inhale". William Jefferson Clinton

I, too would like to see it legalized, in order to focus law enforcement on real issues rather than on the failed War on Drugs. The problem still is that the Federal Government won't recognize the state's rights to making these laws.

27 Oct 2010 09:16 #3 by LopingAlong
I'd sure rather be on the road with a person driving under the influence of pot than alcohol, that's for sure. I would support it being legalized here. My worry would be once it's legal, will those who partake decide that they can lace their weed with other more potent drugs that wouldn't be detected on sight? How would that be governed? or maybe it's of no concern and I'm off-base thinking that is what could happen.

27 Oct 2010 09:24 #4 by Grady

LopingAlong wrote: I'd sure rather be on the road with a person driving under the influence of pot than alcohol, that's for sure. I would support it being legalized here. My worry would be once it's legal, will those who partake decide that they can lace their weed with other more potent drugs that wouldn't be detected on sight? How would that be governed? or maybe it's of no concern and I'm off-base thinking that is what could happen.

Grow your own or buy from a known source.

27 Oct 2010 10:00 #5 by LopingAlong
Grady, I don't partake, but thanks for the tip!

27 Oct 2010 11:13 #6 by Pony Soldier

LopingAlong wrote: I'd sure rather be on the road with a person driving under the influence of pot than alcohol, that's for sure. I would support it being legalized here. My worry would be once it's legal, will those who partake decide that they can lace their weed with other more potent drugs that wouldn't be detected on sight? How would that be governed? or maybe it's of no concern and I'm off-base thinking that is what could happen.

Lace weed with what? If you have better drugs than pot, why would you put it in your weed?

27 Oct 2010 11:16 #7 by Grady

LopingAlong wrote: Grady, I don't partake, but thanks for the tip!

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you did, it was meant as general information.

27 Oct 2010 11:26 #8 by Photo-fish
Prolly would still be detectable, to the trained eye, no matter what you 'laced' it with. You could lace your weed with Cheetoes and cut out the munchies...
Medical grade and home grown is very powerful stuff and I would not agree that it is any safer than a person who is drunk or buzzed for that matter. Just a bad idea to drive with any sort of impairment. Need to make a test for presence in saliva or blood based on concentration of THC. Roadside field sobriety tests should also still be administered.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

27 Oct 2010 11:31 #9 by Pony Soldier
Got to agree with that PF. It is very potent and people shouldn't operate a motor vehicle. Same rules as alcohol should apply. You won't find anyone stoned starting fights though.

27 Oct 2010 11:33 #10 by Photo-fish
Food fights maybe...

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds