Rove: Palin lacks enough 'gravitas' for 2012 White House run

28 Oct 2010 10:38 #1 by LadyJazzer
Wow... Nmsys is right! It is fun just to comb the websites and copy-and-paste outrage-of-the-day stories!! (And there are so many to choose from!)

Rove: Palin lacks enough 'gravitas' for 2012 White House run

Call him old fashioned, but GOP strategist and poster child for the Republican establishment Karl Rove seems to thinks that Sarah Palin might lack the necessary "gravitas" to be the party's presidential candidate for 2012.

The former vice presidential candidate's new reality TV show, "Sarah Palin's Alaska," isn't helping, Rove told The Daily Telegraph in an interview.

"With all due candour, appearing on your own reality show on the Discovery Channel, I am not certain how that fits in the American calculus of 'that helps me see you in the Oval Office,'" Rove said.

"Being the vice-presidential nominee on the ticket is different from saying 'I want to be the person at the top of the ticket,'" Rove continued. "There are high standards that the American people have for it [the presidency] and they require a certain level of gravitas, and they want to look at the candidate and say 'that candidate is doing things that gives me confidence that they are up to the most demanding job in the world.'"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/2 ... 75209.html

:bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

Edited to add: THE STORIES ARE ALL OUTRAGES!!! ... AND THEY'RE ALL TRUE!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2010 11:09 #2 by Residenttroll returns
Democrats pressing Obama not to run again
Source says senior figures have discussed with president's top advisers

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=220905

Some senior personalities in the Democratic Party have discussed with President Obama's advisers the possibility of him not running for re-election in 2012, according to an influential Democratic Party operative speaking on condition of anonymity.

The operative, who is close to the Democratic leadership, did not indicate whether Obama was undecided about running again.

Any such decision would need to be made at a later date based on a number of factors, such as any change in poll numbers after the midterm elections, the operative said.

There are some within the Democratic leadership who believe at this point it would be best for the party if Obama did not seek re-election in 2012, and more than one discussion has been held on the matter with Obama's top advisers, according to the party operative.

I smell Hill/Bill coming

28 Oct 2010 21:17 #3 by Whatevergreen
Obama/Clinton 2012!!!

Just when I thought Rove would support any dirt bag or nut job, he pulls this? Very telling.

29 Oct 2010 10:22 #4 by FredHayek
Rove isn't a big fan of the TEA party. He would prefer many RINO's winning over losing a couple seats like Delaware because your candidate is too conservative for the state.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Oct 2010 10:25 #5 by Wayne Harrison
Like anyone from the president's inner circle or a "party operative" would actually confide in a World Net Daily "reporter."

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds