GOP Hangout Spot Sued For Racial Discrimination

28 Oct 2010 13:52 #1 by LadyJazzer
Wow... Nmsys is right! It is fun just to comb the website and copy-and-paste outrage-of-the-day stories!! (And there are so many to choose from!)

GOP Hangout Spot Sued For Racial Discrimination

he Capitol Hill Club, a top hangout spot and frequent official business locale for elected Republicans and their campaign committees, is being sued for racial discrimination.

A former employee for the club filed a suit this week after having been fired in late July. The plaintiff, Kim Crawford, claims that she was passed over for raises for more than eight years. In her suit, she seeks $3 million in compensatory and punitive damages -- a fairly large sum though not an unprecedented total.

The club, known formally as the "National Republican Club of Capitol Hill," is a separate organization from the Republican National Committee. But it is the committee's next-door neighbor. And having it find its way to the center of a racial controversy is, undoubtedly, an unwanted (even if minor) headache in the election's closing week.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/2 ... 74958.html

:bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

THE STORIES ARE ALL OUTRAGES!!! ... AND THEY'RE ALL TRUE!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2010 13:56 #2 by Nobody that matters
Wow!!!! Her timing for filing the lawsuit is impeccable!!!!

No ulterior motive there at all.... nope.

Bet her lawyer's retainer came from the DNC :biggrin:

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

28 Oct 2010 21:25 #3 by Whatevergreen
Are you saying she delayed or had the charges expedited? Proof please? How long should it take to find a decent lawyer and build a case prior to filing charges?

28 Oct 2010 22:19 #4 by Nobody that matters

Whatevergreen wrote: Are you saying she delayed or had the charges expedited? Proof please? How long should it take to find a decent lawyer and build a case prior to filing charges?

I'm saying that it is well within the realm of possibility that the democrats heard of the woman's firing and hired her a lawyer to file suit when it was most politically advantageous for them to do so. It's a suspicion, and an opinion. I have no proof. This is a discussion, not a courtroom. I'm allowed to express an opinion. Do you see the first word of the last sentence in my post....'Bet'? that means that I'm betting on it. It has not come to pass that there is definitive proof either way, but I'm posting up what I think happened.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds