Tea Party Founder Admits He Has 'Problem With Islam'

28 Oct 2010 14:07 #1 by LadyJazzer
Whoa!... Nmsys is right! It is fun just to comb the website and copy-and-paste outrage-of-the-day stories!! (And there are so many to choose from!)

Tea Party Founder Judson Phillips Admits He Has 'Real Problem With Islam'

Judson Phillips, founder of the Tea Party Nation, fortified a recent email encouraging Minnesotans in the 5th Congressional District to vote Rep. Keith Ellison (D) out -- in part because he's a Muslim -- by stating that he, as well as most Tea Party members, has serious qualms with Islam.

"A majority of Tea Party members, I suspect, are not fans of Islam," Phillips said in an interview with the Daily Caller. "I, personally have a real problem with Islam. With Islam, you have a religion that says kill the Jews, kill the infidels. It bothers me when a religion says kill the infidels. It bothers me a lot more when I am the infidel."

Earlier in the week, Phillips blasted out an email asking voters to support Ellison's opponent Lynne Torgerson, a divisive candidate herself in the area of religious tolerance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/2 ... 75260.html

:bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

THE STORIES ARE ALL OUTRAGES!!! ... AND THEY'RE ALL TRUE!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2010 15:33 #2 by FredHayek
Some Islamic scholars don't consider Christians nor Jews infidels since we all have the same God, and the same book base.

In this case, Hindi's, Buddhists & athiests are infidels.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Oct 2010 15:35 #3 by dummy up
I have a problem with all organized religions, disorganized ones too now that I think about it.

28 Oct 2010 16:09 #4 by Residenttroll returns
I have problem with organized unions.

28 Oct 2010 16:15 #5 by Lucky
I like organized crime.

28 Oct 2010 18:35 #6 by Nmysys
I refuse to be organized.

28 Oct 2010 18:38 #7 by Nmysys
I haven't read the OP because I have that idiot on ignore, but being a member of the Tea Party I will admit it, I too, have a problem with Islam. No big deal admitting that. I would stop having this problem if the so-called moderate Islamists would defend their religion against the fanatics, but since they won't, I have a problem with them. Jump on it witch!!

28 Oct 2010 18:57 #8 by Pony Soldier

Nmysys wrote: I haven't read the OP because I have that idiot on ignore, but being a member of the Tea Party I will admit it, I too, have a problem with Islam. No big deal admitting that. I would stop having this problem if the so-called moderate Islamists would defend their religion against the fanatics, but since they won't, I have a problem with them. Jump on it witch!!

Uhrm, did you happen to catch the Anbar Awakening? Or are you just talking about muslims in this country? If so, you might try Google.

http://www.newsmax.com/Emerson/muslimsg ... /id/372430

By: Steve Emerson

"We want to be Americans. Religion is a private issue. We ran away from 'political Islam' in Iran, but it has followed us…. CAIR [the Council on American-Islamic Relations] has created this image that all 3 million Muslims in America are the same and CAIR represents them — which is not true."

So said Manda Ervin, an American Muslim who fled Iran following the 1979 revolution, to a conference of Muslim moderates on Capitol Hill.

Ervin was part of an unusual hearing on Sept. 24 that was led by Rep. Sue Myrick, a North Carolina Republican and head of the Congressional Anti-Terrorism Caucus.

In addition to Ervin, participants included Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy; Hedieh Mirahmadi, president of the World Organization for Resource Development & Education (WORDE); Shadi Osier, head of the Islamic Supreme Council of America; and Abdur-Rahman Muhammad, a former radical Islamist who has become a vocal critic of the ground zero mosque.

None was involved with Islamist groups linked to Hamas or the Muslim Brotherhood; none was an unindicted co-conspirator in terror-finance cases; and none is an apologist for radical Islam.

Nor do any of them receive federal contracts, get special briefings from Cabinet agencies about federal efforts to "fight" radicalization, or get invited to official dinners at the White House and government agencies.

Yet these men and women had very important stories to tell about how Islamist radicalism has affected their lives and the dangers it poses to the United States. They emphasized the importance of educating members of Congress about the link between nonviolent political Islam and a totalitarian, violent strain.

Muhammad said that after converting to Islam about 25 years ago he joined "the more radical wing of the Islamic movement in America." Only after 9/11 did he realize that form of Islam was destructive and harmful, and concluded it is critical to expose "the stealth elements of radicalism" that permeate Islam in the United States.

Muhammad described "political Islam" as a system of governance in which Muslims are "given superiority over non-Muslims in society" and "that superiority is codified in the laws and its presided over by a ruler with arbitrary and unchecked powers . . . with a class of clergy who interpret the law and impose that law."

I know, Newsmax is biased, but I figured that would suit you.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds