Cooper Gets Anti-Gay School Board Member To RESIGN On Air

29 Oct 2010 08:09 #1 by LadyJazzer

Cooper Gets Anti-Gay School Board Member To RESIGN On Air

The Arkansas school board member whose homophobic rants on Facebook drew widespread condemnation announced he was resigning on Thursday's "AC360."

"[D]o you have any idea of the... pain and fear you have caused to kids maybe even in your own district who are being bullied or who are gay or who don't feel safe telling anyone that they're gay?" he asked him.

Then, Cooper got McCance to announce his resignation from the school board. McCance said that he did not want to be a distraction to the board, adding that, "if they decide later, you know, a year, five years, 10 years from now to vote me back in, if my constituents want that, then -- then I will run again."

By the end of the interview, Cooper also got McCance to call his Facebook comments "hateful" and to apologize for hurting people "on a broad, broad spectrum."

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/2 ... 75828.html

Link to Video

This slimebag is history... There are marchers on the high-school, and now they're posting the name of this guy's carpet-cleaning business so everybody is aware... This is NOT a "First Amendment issue." The guy was free to write what he did...and he did. He is also free to reap the consequences of his actions. Welcome to "Free Speech--American style"....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Oct 2010 10:05 #2 by V_A
I give the guy credit for backing off his hateful comments when he was forced to examine his beliefs.

29 Oct 2010 11:00 #3 by FredHayek
Has Cooper outed himself yet?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Oct 2010 11:06 #4 by LadyJazzer
If true, is that relevant?

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds