Fox News: Completely False Story re Chicago Absentee Ballots

29 Oct 2010 08:17 #1 by LadyJazzer

Watch: Fox News Reports Completely False Story About Chicago Absentee Ballots

FOX News continues stoking the fires of incendiary campaign rhetoric, this time asserting verifiable falsehoods about absentee ballots in Chicago. On a "Fox & Friends" segment Thursday morning, host Steve Doocy asked if "inmates [were] taking priority over American soldiers," while the banner below him screamed, "INMATES VOTE, TROOPS DON'T."

Doocy claimed out that ballots were "hand-delivered" to inmates at the Cook County Jail, while absentee ballots weren't sent on time to American soldiers serving abroad.

It is true, as he says leading off the segment, that 35 counties were, to some degree, late in send out absentee ballots to military personnel. Cook County was not one of them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/2 ... 75673.html

:bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

IT'S AN OUTRAGE!!.........AND IT'S TRUE!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Oct 2010 08:43 #2 by Residenttroll returns
Looney Jerk is displaying the exact attitude I expect to see for the next two years from the left. They can't bite into the truth of what's happening so they go out and find nit picky stories to prove some point.

There is no doubt that a person should discern a story from ANY news organizations. But I think it's incredibly stupid that someone like Looney Jerk pulls an article from Huffington Post (by the way, if MSNBC's motto is Lean Forward, HuffPO's must be Bent Over for Progressives) and finds a flaw in what the reporter says instead of the facts of the story reported. Today live tv news organization are relying upon their anchors and the person on the other end of the inner ear pieces to ad lib and when they do they sometimes make mistakes.

Just like Obama, pull TOTUS away and he uh uhs, stumbles and mumbles his way around his thoughts. But, I digress.

Now back to Looney Jerks fRight Rage. It appears the FOX story is accurate. But again, the libtards at HuffPo hook onto one thing said by Fox's anchor instead of zeroing into the real story.

From the HuffPo Story:

In 24 of the 35 counties in question, fewer than 10 absentee ballots were requested. In the most egregious case, St. Clair County in the southwestern part of the state sent out 1,274 absentee ballots on October 4, roughly two weeks after the deadline. But all of Cook County's 7,163 overseas soldiers will indeed have the chance to vote, contrary to Hillyer's complaint.

Then again, it's not a big deal... a few American soldiers get their ballots two weeks late. Nope! Not for HuffPo and the Looney Jerk's, it's the reporting of the story by FOX that outrages them. Meanwhile, the laws of state are again trampled on a few and the left ignores it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds