Fake Group Hands Out Fliers To Mislead Black Voters In Texas

29 Oct 2010 08:55 #1 by LadyJazzer

Fake Group Hands Out Fliers Meant To Mislead Black Voters In Texas

Misleading fliers are showing up on the windshields of vehicles at a predominately African-American polling place in Houston that claim to come from a non-existent group called the "Black Democratic Trust of Texas."

The fliers were placed on the windshields of vehicles at and near the Sunnyside Early Voting location and tell voters not to voter straight Democrat, according to Texas Democrats and local news reports.

"Republicans are trying to trick us!" the flier reads. "When you vote straight ticket Democrat, it is actually voting for Republicans and your vote doesn't count. We are urging everyone to VOTE for BILL WHITE. A VOTE for BILL WHITE is a VOTE for the ENTIRE DEMOCRATIC ticket. We have fought too hard to let Republicans use voting machines to deny us our basic rights. We must guard the change and NOT VOTE STRAIGHT TICKET DEMOCRAT!"

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c ... _video.php

:bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

IT'S AN OUTRAGE!!.........AND IT'S TRUE!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Oct 2010 08:59 #2 by Grady
If they are that easily lead astray then maybe they are to uninformed to vote.

or just maybe this is a setup to salm the Tea Party and repubs

29 Oct 2010 09:30 #3 by FredHayek
Bad tactics, these leaflets might inspire some blacks to actually vote.

Sidenote: it will be quite earthshaking if Texas elects a Dem Gov, but the Lone Star State is getting more liberal.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Oct 2010 09:35 #4 by LadyJazzer
I hear that Texas might actually elect a Dem governor this time around...

(Gee, after all that talk about Texas "seceding", I can't imagine why...) Perry has gone over the edge...

29 Oct 2010 10:19 #5 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: I hear that Texas might actually elect a Dem governor this time around...

(Gee, after all that talk about Texas "seceding", I can't imagine why...) Perry has gone over the edge...

I think Perry losing would be more of people wanting some fresh blood. IIRC, the Repubs have held the office since Ann Richards a couple of decades ago.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds