GOPer Apologizes For Comparing Gay Marriage To Bestiality

29 Oct 2010 09:00 #1 by LadyJazzer

WI GOPer Apologizes For Comparing Gay Marriage To Bestiality Or Marrying A Table

Rebecca Kleefisch, the Republican nominee for lieutenant governor of Wisconsin, is now apologizing for remarks she made on Christian radio, in which she opposed domestic partner benefits for gay state employees by saying gay marriage could lead to a person marrying inanimate objects and dogs.

"We can't at this point afford to just be handing out money to anyone," Kleefisch had said, opposing the domestic partner benefits. "This is a slippery slope in addition to that -- at what point are we going to OK marrying inanimate objects? Can I marry this table, or this, you know, clock? Can we marry dogs? This is ridiculous."

She has now apologized. "My comments were meant to relay my concern with redefining marriage," Kleefisch said in the statement reported by the Associated Press. "I never intended to sound insensitive, and have the utmost respect for all people. I apologize for my poor choice of words."

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/

:bash :Koolaid: :bash :Koolaid: ... and: rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

IT'S AN OUTRAGE!!.........AND IT'S TRUE!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Oct 2010 09:14 #2 by Nobody that matters
Yeah, she should have just included marrying your brother or grown child - that's a much better analogy than a dog.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

29 Oct 2010 09:39 #3 by LadyJazzer
Hmmmmm... .If a couple gets married in Arkansas...and gets divorced in Texas...are they still brother & sister?

I guess since that's a "straight" marriage question, we'd have to ask the experts.

rofllol :lol:

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds