Tenn. Students Keep Up Prayer at School Despite Ban

29 Oct 2010 15:59 #21 by The Viking

outdoor338 wrote: Why ban christians from praying and allow muslims to have prayer time? PC is out of line, so IMHO, let everyone pray...until its fixed..

Exactly! And why do some schools then schedule games not on Saturday's for some religions? That is having religion control the schools right?

And by the way, I never got to talk to you after the rally last week. That was a very nice prayer you did before Tancredo came up to speak Outdoor. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Oct 2010 16:05 #22 by Scruffy

The Viking wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

The Viking wrote: Good for them! I am glad we still have some youth that are not afraid to stand up for their beliefs! :thumbsup:

I know I've probably asked you this before, but would you be okay with a school assembly where students are led in prayers where they kneel toward Mecca and pray to Allah?

If they belived in it sure. And those who don't, don't have to, or can pray to their own God. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. And I totally stand by that! Religion should be allowed by whoever wants where ever they want and government should not have the right to stop anyone from practicing thier religion no matter where they are. I am not like you and many others that wants our government to tell us when and where we can pray and practice our religion.

So, you're okay with having a public prayer in school at the start of each day, knowing that some do not observe. You're okay with forcing children to listen to prayers before a game, knowing that they do not believe it or are of a different religion? You're okay with students being forced to participate in prayer or be faced with ridicule from their peers - because you know that will happen.

What happens when the population of a school becomes primarily not Christian and their prayers are then forced on your kids?

Why do you want religion in school? I cannot understand that? It seems a no-brainer to keep it out and practice it in your own way in your own time.

29 Oct 2010 16:56 #23 by Residenttroll returns

Scruffy wrote:
So, you're okay with having a public prayer in school at the start of each day, knowing that some do not observe. You're okay with forcing children to listen to prayers before a game, knowing that they do not believe it or are of a different religion? You're okay with students being forced to participate in prayer or be faced with ridicule from their peers - because you know that will happen.

What happens when the population of a school becomes primarily not Christian and their prayers are then forced on your kids?

Why do you want religion in school? I cannot understand that? It seems a no-brainer to keep it out and practice it in your own way in your own time.

Paragraph 1: Why can't the children of America experience real multiculturalism The pinnacle to America Multiculturalism should be to experience American culture. Prayer has been the root to this nation's history before it's official founding. To deny it, is denying truth. Here's a motto we should live by....Welcome to America. It's Beautiful Day, That's Why We Pray,Enjoy the Stay.

Paragraph 2: We move, go private, or home school. Darn it, in America we have choices. (it voucher time).

Paragraph 3: Why should the Religion of Human Secularism have a monopoly on the education system?

29 Oct 2010 17:12 #24 by Scruffy

residenttroll wrote:

Scruffy wrote:

Paragraph 1: Why can't the children of America experience real multiculturalism The pinnacle to America Multiculturalism should be to experience American culture. Prayer has been the root to this nation's history before it's official founding. To deny it, is denying truth. Here's a motto we should live by....Welcome to America. It's Beautiful Day, That's Why We Pray,Enjoy the Stay.

Paragraph 2: We move, go private, or home school. Darn it, in America we have choices. (it voucher time).

Paragraph 3: Why should the Religion of Human Secularism have a monopoly on the education system?

Prayer has not been the root of this nations history. The Constitution has. The admission of religion into school just complicates matters. Using your scenario, there may have to be seven or eight prayers during morning announcements, just in order to acknowledge all the different religions that are represented in the school.

Children should not be forced to attend another school just because it is predominantly Muslim, or Christian, or Hindu. This would begin to create religious schools. Imagine the cheers at a football game when religion is pitted against religion.

Secularism is not a religion and you know it.

29 Oct 2010 17:24 #25 by Nmysys
Bless you my child!!

29 Oct 2010 17:26 #26 by Scruffy

29 Oct 2010 18:35 #27 by outdoor338
scruffy, as a kid we had prayer in our public school, I didn't go to church as a kid, and it never bothered me at all..prayer didn't make me feel bad, the kids didn't pick on me, I didn't lose sleep over it, my parents didn't complain. It worked just fine back then.

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds