Newt Gingrich Looking More Like 2012 Presidential Candidate

30 Oct 2010 07:03 #1 by outdoor338
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, relishing the prospect of a Republican revival similar to the one he led in 1994, is looking more like a presidential candidate himself as the days dwindle down in the midterm campaign.

Gingrich is "transitioning" his private businesses so that they are not political impediments and he intends to make his intentions clear regarding national office early next year, the Washington Post reported Friday. What he must decide about a national campaign, Gingrich told the newspaper, is "whether or not it is practical, which I increasingly think it is."

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/10/29 ... candidate/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Oct 2010 07:18 #2 by Nmysys
He has had some scandal problems that may cause major attacks, but with the anti Obama sentiments these days, he may do pretty well, though I doubt he can win in 2012. Still early for any frontrunner yet.

30 Oct 2010 11:31 #3 by Jonathan Hemlock
My main issue with Newt is his retreat from "The Contract with America". As Speaker of the House, he backed away from the GOP Pledge and allowed American politics to move Centrist along with an increase in the size of government and its spending.

I think we need a more fiscal conservative than a Bush era Politician.

30 Oct 2010 12:43 #4 by Wayne Harrison
I would love to see Gingrich and Palin going after each other on the campaign trail or in a debate.

30 Oct 2010 13:12 #5 by major bean
Gingrich is not president material. It seems that whenever there is the possibility of a shoe-in the parties seem to offer the worst candidates.

Regards,
Major Bean

30 Oct 2010 13:41 #6 by Jonathan Hemlock

major bean wrote: ...It seems that whenever there is the possibility of a shoe-in the parties seem to offer the worst candidates.

I know! The GOP needs to put a candidate forward who stands on conservative values and principles and not on who they think can best beat Obama.

30 Oct 2010 14:01 #7 by JMC
Christie would be the best choice for the GOP. IMHO

30 Oct 2010 14:27 #8 by Jonathan Hemlock
I also like Paul Ryan, Congressman from Wisconsin.

30 Oct 2010 14:43 #9 by Scruffy

Jonathan Hemlock wrote:

major bean wrote: ...It seems that whenever there is the possibility of a shoe-in the parties seem to offer the worst candidates.

I know! The GOP needs to put a candidate forward who stands on conservative values and principles and not on who they think can best beat Obama.

Yeah, like that has ever happened - or ever will.

30 Oct 2010 14:54 #10 by Residenttroll returns
Newt doesn't have a chance. Folks like PineGuy can't wait to find streaks in Newt's underwear just like they couldn't wait to report on Christine's unshaven pubic hair.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds