Grim Dems await huge House losses

01 Nov 2010 13:21 #11 by JusSayin

Pineguy wrote: There needs to be checks and balances of political power.

And our political powers need to quit writing checks when there's no money in the account; balance the dang budget dag nabbit!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Nov 2010 13:37 #12 by The Viking

Batifa Zaxo wrote: Democrats will win, you republicans don't think you will win like you say you do. Many silent voters will vote for obama and his fellow democrats. You will see.

You sound a lot like VL. And right after he diappeared. Hmmmmm....... :Whistle How many seats do you predict the R's picking up in the House and Senate?

01 Nov 2010 13:40 #13 by The Viking

residenttroll wrote:

SS109 wrote: Already rumours are starting that Pelosi doesn't want to be House minority leader and other Dem Congressman will move on rather than serve with limited power.

I think I will use an LJ line, "Ding Dong the witch is dead"

Yes she will be stipping down along with about 20-30 other Dems they are predicting after they lose power. It is common when a party loses power after they had it all for 4 years. The R's lost a lot that stepped down in 2006 after the Dems took over too.

02 Nov 2010 02:39 #14 by lionshead2010
I can't wait to see the look on Nancy Pelosi's face come this evening and I can't think of a better way to wipe that smug grin off her face. The time for talking is through and the time for action is here. To quote another in this forum..."it's time to take out the trash."

Do your civic duty and allow some of those who have ignored America (I really don't care what "team" they play for) to get a little taste of the job market as the recently unemployed. :thumbsup:

02 Nov 2010 05:19 #15 by TPP
"Grim Dems await huge House losses"

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

02 Nov 2010 08:34 #16 by Residenttroll returns

Nobody that matters wrote:

- Anyone but Obama

:rofl

02 Nov 2010 12:27 #17 by Wayne Harrison

lionshead2010 wrote: I can't wait to see the look on Nancy Pelosi's face come this evening and I can't think of a better way to wipe that smug grin off her face. The time for talking is through and the time for action is here. To quote another in this forum..."it's time to take out the trash."

Do your civic duty and allow some of those who have ignored America (I really don't care what "team" they play for) to get a little taste of the job market as the recently unemployed. :thumbsup:

You don't REALLY think they're going to be unemployed, do you? I'm sure they'll all end up taking jobs as high-paid lobbyists (making more than they did as politicians). Happens every election, regardless of the party.

02 Nov 2010 13:38 #18 by lionshead2010

Pineguy wrote:

lionshead2010 wrote: I can't wait to see the look on Nancy Pelosi's face come this evening and I can't think of a better way to wipe that smug grin off her face. The time for talking is through and the time for action is here. To quote another in this forum..."it's time to take out the trash."

You don't REALLY think they're going to be unemployed, do you? I'm sure they'll all end up taking jobs as high-paid lobbyists (making more than they did as politicians). Happens every election, regardless of the party.

Of course you are right on the vast majority of them. Some may take a pretty good pay cut though as they join the huge pool of highly qualified and work-willing people who are looking for most any job after losing their previous one. Call me sadistic...or whatever...but I REALLY like the idea of them experiencing just a little of the discomfort so many American families are experiencing right now...and have experienced for many, many months. I think they call it "humble pie"...and many of those knuckleheads need a big ole' slice served cold tonight. I think America is slicing them a piece as I type.

02 Nov 2010 13:47 #19 by The Viking

Then the greatest day will be the day she comes on TV and announes her retirement.

02 Nov 2010 13:49 #20 by The Viking
rofllol They just had a guy from the DNC on who said, that they have the wind at their back. He said people were predicting a while back that the R's would take over 100 seats in the House and now they are down to about half of that. He is on Crack!!! No one ever said 100 seats. Not even close. In fact most said it would be tough to get the 39 needed. The Dems are already trying to spin this as a victory for them!! They make up all figures!! rofllol rofllol

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds