Grim Dems await huge House losses

02 Nov 2010 13:55 #21 by Grady

The Viking wrote:

residenttroll wrote: Yes she will be stipping down along with about 20-30 other Dems they are predicting after they lose power. It is common when a party loses power after they had it all for 4 years. The R's lost a lot that stepped down in 2006 after the Dems took over too.

I read that as striping down, needless to say I don’t care to see Nancy striping.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Nov 2010 19:15 #22 by Blazer Bob
snip:

"If you are working on one of those challenger campaigns and will come into the House of Representatives and Senate after November 2nd, please read this and get your future Congressman or Senator to read it.

In the next 72 hours, you will be elected to the United States Congress. Suddenly you will find that you have friends you never knew you had. Remember that most of them are not actually your friends.

Many members of Congress will begin whispering sweet nothings in your ear wooing you to vote for them and their rules for the House and Senate. Remember that these same men are the exact same people that the voters rejected in 2006 and again in 2008.
Remember that every poll showing a Republican landslide on Tuesday also shows that the public hates these men."

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/10/3 ... n-victors/

03 Nov 2010 02:04 #23 by lionshead2010

Pineguy wrote:

lionshead2010 wrote: I can't wait to see the look on Nancy Pelosi's face come this evening and I can't think of a better way to wipe that smug grin off her face. The time for talking is through and the time for action is here. To quote another in this forum..."it's time to take out the trash."

Do your civic duty and allow some of those who have ignored America (I really don't care what "team" they play for) to get a little taste of the job market as the recently unemployed. :thumbsup:

You don't REALLY think they're going to be unemployed, do you? I'm sure they'll all end up taking jobs as high-paid lobbyists (making more than they did as politicians). Happens every election, regardless of the party.

Here's a few we may see standing in the unemployment line in January.

Old Bulls’ in the House lose long-held seats

Carrie Dann writes: It's been a tough night for some long-serving House Democrats. At this hour, Democrats have lost in 45 congressional districts. Several of those defeated have served in Congress for over two decades. Reps. John Spratt of South Carolina and Rick Boucher of Virginia were both first elected to the House in 1982. Ike Skelton of Missouri, the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, has served since 1976. Chet Edwards of Texas began his career in Congress in 1990. Rep. Earl Pomeroy of North Dakota, who was running for a tenth term, was first elected in 1992. All five were defeated tonight. Between just those five "Old Bulls," that's 128 combined years of service in the chamber.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/

03 Nov 2010 02:14 #24 by lionshead2010

lionshead2010 wrote: I can't wait to see the look on Nancy Pelosi's face come this evening and I can't think of a better way to wipe that smug grin off her face. The time for talking is through and the time for action is here. To quote another in this forum..."it's time to take out the trash."

Do your civic duty and allow some of those who have ignored America (I really don't care what "team" they play for) to get a little taste of the job market as the recently unemployed. :thumbsup:

I have to admit that, like Molly Brown, the woman is unflappable.

Pelosi: 'House took courageous action'

Domenico Montanaro writes: Outgoing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi put out a statement reacting to tonight. She said, "The House took courageous action" in the face of a potential Depression. Pelosi Statement on the Midterm Elections: "Over the last four years, the Democratic Majority in the House took courageous action on behalf of America’s middle class to create jobs and save the country from the worst economic catastrophe since the Great Depression. "Our Members and candidates ran remarkable campaigns led by the superb leadership of DCCC Chairman Chris Van Hollen. "The outcome of the election does not diminish the work we have done for the American people. We must all strive to find common ground to support the middle.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... ous-action

There is also an article about how the President called both Boehner and Pelosi. For some reason they mention what the President and Boehner talked about but no word on what the President said to Pelosi. Can't imagine why.

Obama calls Boehner to offer congratulations

Current House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and current House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., also received calls from Obama.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39981538/ns ... sion_2010/

03 Nov 2010 03:22 #25 by Wayne Harrison
Was Election 2010 about the tea party or Nancy Pelosi?
With a historic sweep in the House, why couldn't the GOP grab the Senate? Another tea party paradox, perhaps. Or was it the 'Fire Nancy Pelosi' effect?

The idea of putting largely untested outsider candidates up against even embattled incumbents like Senate majority leader Harry Reid backfired on the tea party Tuesday, potentially costing the Republicans control of the Senate.

With tea party champions Christine O'Donnell in Delaware and Sharron Angle in Nevada both losing their races and Ken Buck in a race still too close to call in Colorado, the Senate remained out of Republican control even as the Democrats faced historic economic headwinds and an angry and dissatisfied public.

But the failure of Ms. O'Donnell and Ms. Angle – in races that, according to polls, mainstream Republican candidates might have won easily – showed Republicans both the benefits and drawbacks of aligning itself closely with the anti-tax, anti-spending tea party movement.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Election-2 ... ncy-Pelosi

03 Nov 2010 04:23 #26 by lionshead2010
The soul searching begins.

Where Do Democrats Go Next?

By EVAN BAYH
Published: November 2, 2010

Evan Bayh, a Democratic senator from Indiana, is retiring from the Senate in January.

It is clear that Democrats over-interpreted our mandate. Talk of a “political realignment” and a “new progressive era” proved wishful thinking. Exit polls in 2008 showed that 22 percent of voters identified themselves as liberals, 32 percent as conservatives and 44 percent as moderates. An electorate that is 76 percent moderate to conservative was not crying out for a move to the left.

We also overreached by focusing on health care rather than job creation during a severe recession. It was a noble aspiration, but $1 trillion in new spending and a major entitlement expansion are best attempted when the Treasury is flush and the economy strong, hardly our situation today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/03/opinion/03bayh.html

It's not about the Tea Party or any party at all.....it's about the Nation and the economy. Somebody pinch me because I must be dreaming that a Democrat wrote the words above (must be retiring or something eh?). I still anxiously await critical wisdom from Nancy Pelosi, soon-to-be Former Speaker of the House.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds