Will Wednesday exceed 1929 Wall St. crash suicides?

01 Nov 2010 09:02 #1 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Nov 2010 09:20 #2 by archer
Liberals are more stable than conservativs, I seriously doubt you will see the kind of whining, crying, handwringing, and outright self destruction we saw from the conservatives after the last election.

01 Nov 2010 09:24 #3 by Nobody that matters
Lord no... Wednesday's fallout is all about politics. It'd be like comitting suicide because your favorite soap opera star fell down an open elevator shaft.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

01 Nov 2010 09:25 #4 by Wayne Harrison
:yeahthat:

The 1929 Wall Street suicide story is largely a myth that only the gullible still believe:

"No less an authority than economist John Kenneth Galbraith addressed the subject in his book The Great Crash, 1929, first published in 1955. Studying U.S. death statistics, Galbraith found that while the U.S. suicide rate increased steadily between 1925 and 1932, during October and November of 1929 the number of suicides was disappointingly low."

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea ... of-windows

01 Nov 2010 09:30 #5 by Residenttroll returns
Democrats have already committed suicide...politically that is.

01 Nov 2010 09:50 #6 by archer

residenttroll wrote: Democrats have already committed suicide...politically that is.

What ...you don’t believe in resurrection?

01 Nov 2010 09:52 #7 by The Viking

archer wrote: Liberals are more stable than conservativs, I seriously doubt you will see the kind of whining, crying, handwringing, and outright self destruction we saw from the conservatives after the last election.

rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol: Funniest quote of the year!!!!!! rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

01 Nov 2010 09:55 #8 by Residenttroll returns
:yeahthat:

The libs think if they are funny they win. Restore Sanity was appropriate named for their going away party.

01 Nov 2010 09:58 #9 by The Viking
And the market has already been rising for a few weeks because they are expecting a huge House takeover. They are just waitiing to see if the republicans get the Senate too. If so the Market and your retirement funds will go up huge after the elections. Look at the market when the Republicans ran both houses. We went up to over 14,000. Then the Dems took over both houses in 2007 and the market went all the way down to 7000. Now after a lousy 4 year run with the Dems in control, investors see an end to their control and a more business friendly congress taking shape again so your retirement investments will rixe again for a while especially if the republicans take the Senate too which I don't see happening. But in 2012, the R's will have over 57 in the Senat again.

01 Nov 2010 10:03 #10 by Grady

The Viking wrote:

archer wrote: Liberals are more stable than conservativs, I seriously doubt you will see the kind of whining, crying, handwringing, and outright self destruction we saw from the conservatives after the last election.

rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol: Funniest quote of the year!!!!!! rofllol :lol: rofllol :lol:

I bet if you search Comedy Central archives you’d find these exact words uttered by one of the comedians.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds