Facebook voters

02 Nov 2010 12:54 #1 by The Viking
Facebook voters was created by The Viking
I was just watching the facebook counter of those who voted. They are averageing about 700,000 voters on Facebook per hour. You cannot tell me that site is not going to be a force in this and all future elections.

I have over 1800 political friends on there and many of them lead large groups to rally's and they also have in upwards of 2000-5000 freinds each. News spreads fast in the world today. If I post one thing it can be seen by hundreds of thousands of people within a day or so when others take it and post it too. That is a great tool for politicians!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Nov 2010 12:58 - 02 Nov 2010 13:06 #2 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Facebook voters
At this pace they will break close to 10 million voters by the time the day is over. That is about 10 of the people who will be voting this year. And those are just the ones who posted that they voted. It is probably much higher.

02 Nov 2010 13:01 #3 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic Facebook voters
There are still those of us that scoff at anything passed through social channels like facebook. I give it a little less weight in my decision making as I do the tabloids at the supermarket checkout lane.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

02 Nov 2010 13:48 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Facebook voters
I can't find it now, but I saw a news story not long ago talking about the threshold number of people who are needed to join a Facebook group for it to go viral. As soon as it seems like the new hot thing, people jump onboard just to be joiners. Never underestimate the power of the sheeple (on any topic!). It's my subversive plan to get AGW mainstream - bwahahahaha!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Nov 2010 14:29 #5 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Facebook voters
I voted but didn't note it on FB

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds