Danny Maes's Fate

03 Nov 2010 10:30 - 03 Nov 2010 10:35 #21 by Residenttroll returns
I think many Republicans voted for Maes just to keep the Republican Party becoming a minor party and many voted for Hickenlooper because they felt that Tom and Maes didn't have a chance.

I think it's safe for the Democrats to assume that Coloradoans as a whole - approve the tax, fee, and spending of the State Government. That approval may be based on the taxes pain transplants experienced in their previous home states - and Colorado being mild in comparison in not even close to their threshold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2010 10:32 #22 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic Danny Maes's Fate
I've never talked to anyone who voted for a candidate they didn't want just because they thought the other guy didn't have a chance, and besides -- the polls showed Tancredo had a real chance -- so there goes your theory

03 Nov 2010 10:38 #23 by Residenttroll returns

Pineguy wrote: I've never talked to anyone who voted for a candidate they didn't want just because they thought the other guy didn't have a chance, and besides -- the polls showed Tancredo had a real chance -- so there goes your theory

...you need to get out more....

03 Nov 2010 10:41 #24 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Danny Maes's Fate

Pineguy wrote: I've never talked to anyone who voted for a candidate they didn't want just because they thought the other guy didn't have a chance, and besides -- the polls showed Tancredo had a real chance -- so there goes your theory

I know plenty of people who didn't vote for governor, because they didn't want to vote for maes, and won't vote 3rd party.
I'm obviously not persuasive...I couldn't get them to vote for the best person running.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

03 Nov 2010 10:44 #25 by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

swoop wrote: Thanks Dan - idiot! Should of pulled out of the race and backed Tom months ago. Hopefully Dan will leave the state.

What most people forget is if he had pulled out back in August, Tom wouldn't have even been in the election. All Tom ever wanted was for both of those idiots to step down and the state GOP nominate a new candidate.

03 Nov 2010 10:54 #26 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Danny Maes's Fate

RenegadeCJ wrote: I couldn't get them to vote for the best person running.

That's okay.. Hickenlooper won without their extra votes anyway... :biggrin:

03 Nov 2010 10:59 #27 by Residenttroll returns
Hickenlooper has two years to change the course of state spending. If he is doesn't, he will find himself with the Republican controlled State House and Senate. It's going to be brutal for Hickenlooper over the next two years, especially after Ritter releases a $ 19 billion budget for next year. An increase of $ 1 billion in spending.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds