This is why Colorado is doomed for now

03 Nov 2010 10:47 #11 by BearMtnHIB
Oh - that's another thing, the illegal problem does not appear to be an issue for most of Colorado.

I think there's many reasons why we saw the results from last night.

We have more and more people moving here from blue states like California. These are mostly liberals. Ironically they have moved here because businesses are leaving California in droves because of excessive fees, taxes and regulations.

We have a younger generation that has been indoctrinated by a liberal education establishment - I could see it starting when I was in high school and even more in college. They are not old enough yet to own homes, pay property and income taxes.

They look at conservatives as "old foggies" and regard their politics as outdated. Little do they know that those politics have allowed the older generation to have a better standard of living than they have coming.

And they don't care. I can't tell you how many younger people I have talked to who are simply apathetic. They have no interest or knowlege about politics because they have been immune from it's affects. This will change as they get older, but it amazes me how little they care about their own future. 90% of them I have talked to look at me just like a deer looking at headlights.

I will have little compassion for their struggles as reality hits them in the coming years. Their ability to earn a living and maintain a middle class lifestyle will get harder as our federal level problems combined with the local cost of living means hard times for more of them.

Fact is that I gotta look out for #1 first - after all they voted for what is about to come.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2010 10:52 #12 by Residenttroll returns
The election of Hickenlooper sends a message to illegals, "we are sanctuary state - welcome." I think I am going to invest in a spray paint can business. Any one else in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds